• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 Mountain Cat coolant leak

arcticman31

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Colorado
Hey guys, wondering if anyone else has had this issue...2018 M8000 Mountain Cat with 185 miles on it. Noticed from day one when I bought it that I was getting a small amount of coolant on my garage floor. Assumed that maybe the dealer had overfilled it or spilled some so didn't think much about it..Kept an eye on the level and for the most part it stayed in range...Well each time after I rode or warmed it up I still got the same small spot on the floor and eventually had to top it off a bit...Had the dealer look for it when they did the harness update and they said they tightened a clamp...Soon as I got it home and there it was again. I decided to take the rear lower plate off ( riveted of course) and found that it is coming from the weep hole in the water pump... Defective pump shaft seal from day one I assume. Looks like a difficult to access repair, assuming motor will have to come out? Still has plenty of warranty so I'll take it to the dealer to be repaired but kind of a bummer since we already have rideable snow in Southern Colo...Anyone else seen this on their Ctec?

IMG_20181117_165253.jpg

bcriderm8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2010
n/c Iowa
Didn't have til just this weekend. Been sitting in the same spot all summer and no spot on the floor. I moved it towards the rear of the garage to put the snow blower up front and now puddle. Noticed it filled the pocket under the brake rotor up. Off to the dealer we go for updates and fixes.
Keep us posted, mine won't get worked on til the week before Christmas.

Premium Features