• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Has anyone got 2000 miles on a 18 yet?

A

anziconda

Dec 10, 2007
Just trying to see if Arcticats new motor still lasts longer than Doos or Poos. ..
:pop2:
:argue:
:fencing:

Seriously, if the durability is there, I'm on a 19!:face-icon-small-coo

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
I am kind of shocked when I read how the Pol 800 looses compression at 1000 miles, I have compression tested every cat I have owned. I think the highest mile sled I had was an 800 mc at 3500, 125.00 across the board. I would say that freshening a motor every 1000 miles is pretty much unacceptable.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
I think I've got about 3,000 on the one I ride in my dreams every night. Will get the exact number tonight and post it up in the morning, or maybe earlier if I take a nap...

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I am kind of shocked when I read how the Pol 800 looses compression at 1000 miles, I have compression tested every cat I have owned. I think the highest mile sled I had was an 800 mc at 3500, 125.00 across the board. I would say that freshening a motor every 1000 miles is pretty much unacceptable.

I read the Polaris threads and haven't read this same issue with the HO motor. I have 1450 miles on mine and no problems with compression. It seems all three 2-stroke manufacturer's are really working to make these motors stand up better.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
The motors might be okay but polaris Electronics suck!

I have owned 6 Polaris starting with a 2010 to present. Never had any issues. I have a buddy that lives in Revy that has had issues but his sled never gets a chance to dry out and his connectors were getting corroded. I think the issues are avoidable. That said I know that Doo, for instance, uses thicker wires and superior water tight connectors. Cat ??

G

greatshot

Feb 21, 2017
Go to the Axys forum and read about all the pissed off people with relay, tps and PV problems. My 2015 has been to the dealer 6 times and still won't pull any rpms. All I want is polaris to fix it. 3 years of excuses.

Last edited:

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Cat uses the same junk song chuan relays on the 18 as polaris does on the axys. But at least the cats are in a sealed plastic box. My axys is down to 100psi. Im rebuilding now. 1200mi, 500 were boosted. I have silicone stretch taped all my relays on it. Blew 3 of them already.

psychosledder73

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2007
Fernie BC
I have owned 6 Polaris starting with a 2010 to present. Never had any issues. I have a buddy that lives in Revy that has had issues but his sled never gets a chance to dry out and his connectors were getting corroded. I think the issues are avoidable. That said I know that Doo, for instance, uses thicker wires and superior water tight connectors. Cat ??

Or it's because your from Calgary and barely ride lmao . No riding equals no problems . If I was looking for a nice used sled Calgary would be the place lol

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
I don't think durability will be an issue on this motor. I know they have been testing it for years, but we won't know until the middle of next year. I am sure it'll be that long before any consumers have mileage in the 2000 neighborhood. They Polaris Axys does seem far more reliable than the Pro.

One thing I have noticed with Cat over the last few years, is the focus on durability. They are starting to get a really good reputation in this arena.

D
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, Ak
I don't think durability will be an issue on this motor. I know they have been testing it for years, but we won't know until the middle of next year. I am sure it'll be that long before any consumers have mileage in the 2000 neighborhood. They Polaris Axys does seem far more reliable than the Pro.

One thing I have noticed with Cat over the last few years, is the focus on durability. They are starting to get a really good reputation in this arena.

Exactly why I am jumping ship from Polaris. I currently have a 2012 Pro with 1000 miles up for sale now. Loved the sled, but I don't feel confident that the motor is going to hold together much longer. I practically can't give it away.

Premium Features