• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Ascender Platform and 800 Ctec!

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana

Great read. A bunch of new exciting things about this motor. A few things:

1. Electric oil pump - anyone now where this is located? Will it be in the oil tank similar to the 600?

2. Stainless steel y-pipe and muffler

3. Automatic decompression - should resolve the hard pulls on cold starts

4. Sealed center gear - 'the center water pump drive shaft and drive gear is sealed in an oil bath for optimal lubrication, reducing oil consumption'. Is this something that will need to be changed or will the oil last the life of the motor?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
New rear shock is cool:

Fox Float QSL Rear Track Shock

For 2018 Arctic Cat and Fox build upon the pioneering QS3 shock technology with the all-new Float QSL rear track shock for improved deep-snow performance on mountain sleds. The QSL features 1-2- L compression settings that correspond to light, medium and “locked” calibration. In deep snow conditions, the L-position prevents too much rear-arm squat and exaggerated ski lift, for greater control and performance. The L-position is not fully locked: there’s a blow-off point in the valve to prevent damage to the shock during severe compression. A dial mounted on the remote reservoir can easily and quickly be turned to customize the compression calibration for riding conditions and intensity. It utilizes a remote reservoir for fade-free performance. It comes in a 1.5-inch diameter body. It’s exclusive to Arctic Cat and comes on select M Series machines for 2018.

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
I'm a bit perplexed as to why these early release sleds do not have LED headlights? Says they have the halogen setup. Maybe people aren't lighting nerds like me, but I was pumped to get the LED lighting. Maybe that will have to wait till next year on the limiteds or something? Oh well

-Stack

Rotax_Kid

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Regina, SK
New rear shock is cool:

Fox Float QSL Rear Track Shock

For 2018 Arctic Cat and Fox build upon the pioneering QS3 shock technology with the all-new Float QSL rear track shock for improved deep-snow performance on mountain sleds. The QSL features 1-2- L compression settings that correspond to light, medium and “locked” calibration. In deep snow conditions, the L-position prevents too much rear-arm squat and exaggerated ski lift, for greater control and performance. The L-position is not fully locked: there’s a blow-off point in the valve to prevent damage to the shock during severe compression. A dial mounted on the remote reservoir can easily and quickly be turned to customize the compression calibration for riding conditions and intensity. It utilizes a remote reservoir for fade-free performance. It comes in a 1.5-inch diameter body. It’s exclusive to Arctic Cat and comes on select M Series machines for 2018.

It's funny how far behind sled tech is with shocks. That statement sounds exactly like a propedal setup from Fox which was released as a MTB shock in the early 2000s.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I see they are saving some goodies for the spring order sleds.
I was excited to go get a new sled next week! Now i think i will wait for the "LE" and get the extra goodies. :)

GS6

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
Seems like they made some real strides forward.

Still wish they would make replaceable running boards like the axys

Clean the bars up and put the switches somewhere else

Should have came factory with. Tki belt drive

I wonder if that fuel rail dampener will fix the 600s mysterious fuel bobble...

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
havent seen anything on the seat, but in the pics it looks different, and looks peerrrrfect.:face-icon-small-hap

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
I see they are saving some goodies for the spring order sleds.
I was excited to go get a new sled next week! Now i think i will wait for the "LE" and get the extra goodies. :)

GS6

They always do. Hate how they wait for Haydays releases.

But happy to see the early builds like they did for 16 LEs and 17 MCs

Last edited:
K

kidrman

Nov 21, 2007
Spokane WA
Looks like a strong infusion of cash and innovation. Hard to identify a link from Textron current divisions to Cat, with the little I read.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Textron did inventory financing for Arctic Cat for years. This will be a complimentary relationship and should be the boost needed.

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Textron

I hope this gives Cat the finical backing they need to advance there product.
I think cat could build some amazing products if they were more financially secure.
Maybe they'll get some new tech and better marketing from this???

Last edited:
Premium Features