• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Let BRP know we want an 850 - 174

Briscoe

Lifetime Membership
Oct 29, 2011
Blackfoot ID
Now that poo has a 174 maybe we can get skidoo back on board. But I've been dreaming about one of those yami sideXsides so maybe I'll skip a new sled this year and see what 2018 has for us.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
From another thread.... keep the calls, emails coming & pressure on!

****The spokman said there was a new email response given from corporate office today on this.. Sounds like they could be reassessing it with all the interest showing..****

Last edited:
B

burnz

Jan 7, 2013
Nanton, Alberta
the lack of a 174 could be a result of camoplast only being able to make a certain amount of 3.5 pitch tracks this year and the 174 while being great is most likely the least ordered track so it go the cut for this year on the new sled. just my guess

T
Aug 8, 2011
Camo would get them built not trouble if doo ordered them.

Skidoo seems intent on stringing the customers along. Absolutely no reason the flagship mountain chassis doesn't have the flagship track. Period.

Polaris has it now, and you better believe a 174 axys will keep things extremely tight with a 165 doo. Doo will get it no doubt but not by the landslide it should be with a rev 4 175

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Yes and all the same folks complained last year they could not get a 174 3" on the new PRO last year. Oh and are still complaining about lack of belt drive on 3"....

They gotta have something to sell from year to year. Or all those same folks complain about BNG every year. No matter what it is losing situation for the OEM.

Perfect example is right now with the new REV G4. Virtually brand new, and look at the complaining. .....

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
Camo would get them built not trouble if doo ordered them.

Skidoo seems intent on stringing the customers along. Absolutely no reason the flagship mountain chassis doesn't have the flagship track. Period.

Polaris has it now, and you better believe a 174 axys will keep things extremely tight with a 165 doo. Doo will get it no doubt but not by the landslide it should be with a rev 4 175

It seems poo is stringing its customers along as well. It's called marketing and making sales because we all have to have the biggest baddest and greatest.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I am very bummed. I have bought three Doos a year for the last two, 2 a year before that. It will only be one or two next year, been looking at Cats. (I like to buy a short track for trail ripping.) They have so many options/colors for shorties it is nuts, and they don't look like catfish. But I can only get a short 850 Doo in uggarse black or halfarse yellow, and nothing in XRS with good shocks. I don't get it.
174 was Doo's calling card, but it is obsolete next to the new 165. Who is going to spend the 14K on an old model 174 when the same price for Gen 4?
I get the marketing/what is new next year, but they should have done 174 and 154 Gen 4, introduced the 165 next year. I would bet a ball that the top selling T3 sleds were 154 and 174 this year.

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
1st of all lets think about this for a second. Is not the cooler integrated in the tunnel? They would have to build a new tunnel length. Now a new 175" track, maybe reuse the existing runners? Sounds like a half azz project thru the spring/summer! Who pays the overtime, you do! Who pays for all the last minute literature, brochures and I am sure a host of other details I am not thinking of, part #'s, data entry etc..... If the 165 works better than the 174 /800 sled, then don't worry about it! The 850 will be there next year with refinements for what went wrong on the first yr. sled, and you will have saved enough to make a few down payments that much easier!
Mike

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
I am very bummed. I have bought three Doos a year for the last two, 2 a year before that. It will only be one or two next year, been looking at Cats. (I like to buy a short track for trail ripping.) They have so many options/colors for shorties it is nuts, and they don't look like catfish. But I can only get a short 850 Doo in uggarse black or halfarse yellow, and nothing in XRS with good shocks. I don't get it.
174 was Doo's calling card, but it is obsolete next to the new 165. Who is going to spend the 14K on an old model 174 when the same price for Gen 4?
I get the marketing/what is new next year, but they should have done 174 and 154 Gen 4, introduced the 165 next year. I would bet a ball that the top selling T3 sleds were 154 and 174 this year.

Nope top selling are 154 - 163 hands down, truth is there are on 4 parts on the xm that move to new summit rev, everything is new, they we be producing every day during the set period to make enough of the new summits, there is no time for anything else, this is also why they are building a certain amount and dealers only get allotted so many and that is it, they will sell out, not a marketing ploy just a fact of production. If they could produce more in the time frame they would. The 174 would not be a 174 with the 3.5 pitch track so they would have to sell people on it now that it would still turn as well, guys doubt it now with the 174 so they certainly would if it was bigger, no 165 that? That would have been a HUGE mistake if they did that which is why they did not. Ski-Doo is smart!

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Hi Dave, interesting you say it's calibration time for the reason the 174ish length chassis is not coming out this season.
I had a French Skidoo rep (name escapes me) explain how this was a fantastic business decision because it will essentially screw the customer into snow checking sleds two years in a row. I thought it was cute, made me want to puke on his feet since I have 120k of his product in my garage..

They build and prove a solidly better big mountain machine in the 174 and then say, oh no you don't need that with this chassis just buy the shorter one. No thanks, myself and 3 others that I know of for absolutely sure will not be snow checking. I'm sure the 165 will be fantastic, but for our type of riding the longer one is better. Build the darn thing

You guys can believe what you want, but it is not held back for marketing. It never is! Time to calibrate and build it is just not in the cards, the reason dealers are only getting an allotment of new summits is because they can only produce a certain number, there are like 4 parts from the xm that go on the new sled, the build time is already set aside for production and they will build every day of that time but no longer, they will run out of X models to sell people. Don't have to believe me, but I am usually correct when I say something as I know. It has nothing to do with marketing or anything else. If they could make more they would or add a 17? They would, I am telling you they can't, and it won't happen for this year. I was bummed to until all the time I have spent on the 165 and of course guys will stretch it, but just ride it first and u will be surprised. Cheers dave

Last edited by a moderator:

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I think they are alloted so many for all. If people snow check them all, they are gone. No inseason ones available. That is the way I understand it. Maybe Dave will chime in.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
I think they are alloted so many for all. If people snow check them all, they are gone. No inseason ones available. That is the way I understand it. Maybe Dave will chime in.

That is what I've been told as well as several others. The dealership only get so many REV G4 850 chassis. Does not matter if they are Summit X, Summit SP, MXZ, Or what.

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
That is what I've been told as well as several others. The dealership only get so many REV G4 850 chassis. Does not matter if they are Summit X, Summit SP, MXZ, Or what.

If this is so, why is BRP not putting this information on their site for their customers?

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
next winter dealers be like.sorry, we aint got any sleds for sale.LOL

Premium Features