• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need help changing exhaust bellows

Z

ZPLOL

Apr 22, 2012
Canada
This is what the manual says but I've never done it...
Seems the tool is simply just clamping the washer evenly

deleted pic*

Last edited:

4GR8X

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Star, ID
Greetings 19,

These are side question, but what year is your VES valve? Does the threaded end screw into your guillotine slide?

Offered for your consideration.

Use a bench vise and squeeze the washer/shoulder end (looks like I can see some vise grip marks on the washer/shoulder ends in your picture) take your time you don't want to distort the shape of the washer/shoulder. If you have some metric nuts available you can double nut the threaded shaft and place in the bench vise. Have the nut looking up.

Find a piece of tin and lay over the top of your diaphragm to protect it. I've also taken a drill bit and drilled a hole in my piece of tin slightly large than the nut diameter to provide additional protection for the diaphragm. Use a torch and apply heat to the nut. Sometimes the diaphragm is a lost cause. Take your time it may take several attempts. I'm guessing there is some Loctite on that bad boy.

Good luck,

Craig.

NapaMatt

Matryx 850 Pow Slayer!
Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2009
Stewartville, MN
www.napaonline.com
Your looking at the "new" style

What you have is three pieces...

A Nut with a large washer...

A Bellow..

And the Stud/Washer.

All threads had lock tight on them..

Just clamp the Washer/stud.. in to a wood vise.. clamping only the washer.. or thread on two nuts the tight them against each other.. then take off the top 10 mm nut..

So heat is going to be your friend!

Only really need to take apart when ur Bellow is bad... If not Clean it up and clean valve and replace the gasket..

Premium Features