• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Primary clutch Question (not weights or springs)

N

nerradsrednuas

Oct 27, 2014
Newfoundland
does the IQR share the same clutch housing (inner and outer sheaves) as another polaris model?

my outer sheave is missing a piece so as time saver if a clutch off of another model will work I could find that far easier then an iqr or 600rr clutch.

N

nerradsrednuas

Oct 27, 2014
Newfoundland
can someone please verify if its the P85? I've been seeing guys on other forums with P85's for sale. but P85 is used on tons of polaris sleds.

N

nerradsrednuas

Oct 27, 2014
Newfoundland
I need the outer sheave. see attached

notice the chunk missing from the outer sheave near where the cover bolts on.

2014-12-03 07.56.43.jpg

Last edited:

carbontj

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
indianapolis
They are all the same. The older (F500,550 fans) clutch bore was 30M all the newer ones are 33m. It is a standard P85. Polaris does not sell any of the parts individually you will need a whole new clutch, or find some one who parted out a clutch. I have new clutches and there are many on e bay. If you replace just the part you will need someone to re balance your clutch.

TJ

N

nerradsrednuas

Oct 27, 2014
Newfoundland
bought a p85 take off locally for $226 parts store, dealer wanted $512.....its brand new so....I took a micrometer and verified the 30mm bore

N

nerradsrednuas

Oct 27, 2014
Newfoundland
Yes. You need to make sure the p85 has is 30mm not 33mm which comes on the efi sleds.

What exact part do you need? I have couple parts clutches.

no dice. my clutch puller showed up today. went to swap out the clutches. my crank is 33mm.

not sure if I have a stock 600r motor or not. just bought it used

now I'm out another $226 bucks......this sled is turning out not to be such a good deal

Premium Features