• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

167-4 diagnostic code

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Any one ever have this code come up intermediately and what did you do to fix it?
167-4 code is a alternator power supply potential (DC chassis voltage). Voltage to low.
Usually comes on at idle and usually goes away when I pick up the RPM. It's idling at 1750-1850. BD box and a blowhole are the only electrical accessories and it still comes on with the blowhole unplugged. I was running the blowhole with the DC plug and was planning on switching it this year.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Have you tried unplugging the blowhole and the bd box? Is it a 15? Did you ever run it stock before the mods? Is always best to get in at least 1 ride in stock configuration to make it easier to trouble shoot any problems.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
It's a 13 and the problem showed up last year... I will try it with the BD box unplugged and check the connectors in the bag when I get a chance.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Confirmed its not the BD box...

Weak stator?
Fuel pump?
Kinda expensive parts to guess on... Suppose I could swap them with the 600 in the garage.
Any other ideas?

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010

Yeah I read them and while I knew I should change where I was getting power for the blowhole I continued to use it. Might be a costly mistake. I now have a rectifier so when I get this figured out it'll be right.

If anyone has a Ecu for a 13 laying around PM me... I might need one.

I was planning on powering an AFR gauge off that DC plug, I had it already wired in, then I saw those threads and installed a converter like the one in MH's schematics. I know Silber powers their turbo oil pumps off of that DC plug, and I actually haven't heard of any issues, but I highly respect Eric and all the insight he has to offer and quickly followed his direction before I damaged the voltage regulator or my ECM.

Hopefully it isn't something pricey you've got to replace and just a simple gremlin!

Last edited:
R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
FYI. I might have this fixed. Knock on wood.

Stock reeds were junk. Couldn't get it to throw the code today after I changed them. I wouldn't say it's idling faster but I'd say its steadier. Hope that was the problem.

Premium Features