• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

whose riding already?

S

Seeker

Jan 26, 2009
Western Colorado
See it in person I doubt you'd climb it. Its not that i think its crazy steep its the characteristics of the hill that sucks. The last half is vertical and snow doesn't stick to it. Its basically an icey rocky path with large visual rocks. If you run the hill and halfway up you can keep to the edges its very easy to climb, there's just no traction up the center of it.

Then a smart person would stay out of the center......we don't ride ice and rocks out here. It is also crystal clear that you do not understand the true meaning of vertical just yet. No offense, you are working with what you have and there's no shame in that.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Colorado is shaping up well....

attachment.php

November Riding VP_small.jpg

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Quick ride late yesterday just up to one of the club cabins and back....just all road riding. Was snowing like a basterd for like a week, but got strangely warm here the last 2 days and rained....so only 2-3 feet at this spot, which is fairly low elevation. On the bright side, that should make for a nicely compacted base when it's all said and done.

Wanted to get a few miles on my new 15....cause we might go for a more legit ride with more snow and wide open spaces tomorrow, and I don't want to have to light-foot it the whole time.

Put on maybe 25 miles, this was the only run time the sled has had other than whatever they do @ the dealer. Here's what I did:

- warmed it up at idle, shut off for 15 mins.
- warmed it up again, took off for a few miles, took it pretty easy, stopped checked for leaks or anything on fire.
- let the temp even out, took off for more miles, road pretty normal with varying throttle and some bursts of more throttle.
- checked everything again, then road pretty normal. Tried to get some good blasts of accel and decel, but no long stretches of WFO.

Sled loosened up (in a good way) noticeably from first leaving the truck, although you can tell it still has a more to go. Stunk like hell from extra oil and plastic getting warm for the first time lol.

New remote reservoir Walker Evans are soooooo much better than the standard WE's on my old sled. Like a lot. E-start is kinda cool, but I'm going to take it out and put it on the shelf and save the weight. With all the foam still in and the stock muffler it sounds like a golf cart lol. Running boards are much much better than the 2011 boards. Motor is much snappier and pulls harder than the 2011 with miles on it...as expected. That's all I got.

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
yep

Tore up 4 or 5 feet of powder in Montana,,,,,, only because it's for bada$$es.....:face-icon-small-win

New PRO ran great...

T
Nov 11, 2008
Quick ride late yesterday just up to one of the club cabins and back....just all road riding. Was snowing like a basterd for like a week, but got strangely warm here the last 2 days and rained....so only 2-3 feet at this spot, which is fairly low elevation. On the bright side, that should make for a nicely compacted base when it's all said and done.

Wanted to get a few miles on my new 15....cause we might go for a more legit ride with more snow and wide open spaces tomorrow, and I don't want to have to light-foot it the whole time.

Put on maybe 25 miles, this was the only run time the sled has had other than whatever they do @ the dealer. Here's what I did:

- warmed it up at idle, shut off for 15 mins.
- warmed it up again, took off for a few miles, took it pretty easy, stopped checked for leaks or anything on fire.
- let the temp even out, took off for more miles, road pretty normal with varying throttle and some bursts of more throttle.
- checked everything again, then road pretty normal. Tried to get some good blasts of accel and decel, but no long stretches of WFO.

Sled loosened up (in a good way) noticeably from first leaving the truck, although you can tell it still has a more to go. Stunk like hell from extra oil and plastic getting warm for the first time lol.

New remote reservoir Walker Evans are soooooo much better than the standard WE's on my old sled. Like a lot. E-start is kinda cool, but I'm going to take it out and put it on the shelf and save the weight. With all the foam still in and the stock muffler it sounds like a golf cart lol. Running boards are much much better than the 2011 boards. Motor is much snappier and pulls harder than the 2011 with miles on it...as expected. That's all I got.

GiveOut doesn't get good until February anyhow!

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
View attachment 243281

Just enough for a little bit of fun!

In Michigan that would be a washout .. bout the deepest thing we have to ride .. I thought just like the OP I had done it all ... Then I went to the mountains !!!

You see 500 you can climb 1000' out there but you have to come back down .. at a 60-70 degree pitchv!! It pickers you butt real tight !!

And did they mention there is no air ..But on a side note all our air makes HUGE POWER!!

Premium Features