• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best loud can for Pro RMK?

B
Oct 2, 2014
I just received my 2015 Pro RMK, looking for a nice loud can with hp increase? Im thinking hps... any suggestions? Also are mds weights a good idea?

Last edited by a moderator:

ProRMK24

Lifetime Membership
Feb 6, 2014
Iowa
GGB exhaust only $250 sounds great! M&M Motorsports in Griswold iowa sells them
PM me if you want a phone number

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Friend of mine has a GGB on his '11 ETEC summit, runs nice and quiet until full throttle than it is obnoxiously loud (ear drum splitting).

He has the high altitude can (mountain can), doesnt run that great at low altitude (not really expected too but just saying).

This is my opinion but then again i like things quiet and powerful.

ENDO1

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2008
Central WA State
GGB

Their are two of us who run the GGB cans, one Mountain can one the trail can,
they both are great, the mountain can is very similar in sound to the HPS can, while the trail is not as loud. We have seen no running issues at all , low or high elevations, we both run them on 800 Polaris Pros. I chose the GGB can over the HPS can due to the fact that the HPS can raises the pipe to close to the carbon fiber over structure. Check out the video at the bottom of the Polaris page on the GGB site.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
How many guys offer a money back guarantee ? Just saying.

Please expand on this.................
Also -I agree^^^^^
Steve with MDS can offer you a better clutching than stock- and is a GREAT resource.
But a can is not going to give you much except for the advantage of weight loss and a bit more throttle response and IF a hp gain- - make that up in clutching--

HPS has always provided a good enhancement

S/C

Last edited:

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
I just received my 2015 Pro RMK, looking for a nice loud can

...Why loud? Perhaps you have been living under a rock for the last 10 years, but we are battling with non motorized users over riding areas, and a HUGE reason is the noise that our sleds produce! The forest service is being mandated by a judge to manage winter travel on public lands. We will be under the microscope even more than we have been...

...Please consider any one of the cans that are noise compliant, and protect the land and the sport we love!

Ace

rags319

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2009
Cedar Rapids, Ia
...Why loud? Perhaps you have been living under a rock for the last 10 years, but we are battling with non motorized users over riding areas, and a HUGE reason is the noise that our sleds produce! The forest service is being mandated by a judge to manage winter travel on public lands. We will be under the microscope even more than we have been...

...Please consider any one of the cans that are noise compliant, and protect the land and the sport we love!

Ace
AGREED. Loud sounds cool but there are a lot of people fighting for us to ride the land we do. I would like to keep riding it.

Cooksend

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Last year I ran an MBRP Trail can on my Pro 800 and really love the sound. However when in the parking lot around non sledders I just didn't like the attention. This year after a great conversation with Graham from GGB I decided to pick up the GGB Trail Can. I put in on last week fired it up and ripped on the throttle a few times. The sled is slightly louder than stock and has a nice deep Rippy sound to it! So far so good! It sounds great and as long as it runs with no hiccups I will consider myself a winner!

As soon as I have a good sound bite I will post it up!

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I've been using the SPG Ultra Q cans on my last 5 sleds... I really like the low noise levels with a deep tone... The quality of construction is high as well as the nice ceramic finish.

I agree, if you ride in ear-shot of other non-sledders... go for a quiet option.

My 2 cents... adding a can alone to a PRO RMK will not add hp unless there is some other issue.

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
Holly poop!
The all mighty can question again. :couch2:
2011 thru 2015 can threads must be in the millions :twitch:
Whats next what oil can I run or is the best to run in my new sled.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
The GARBAGE CAN is by far, the best can for the pro. Bahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaha!!!!

Premium Features