• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'02 700 w/ tracks USA 136" - Torque Arm Mounting Location?

M
Aug 19, 2010
I long-tracked my '02 xcsp 700 with a 136" kit from Tracks USA. In the middle of playing with suspension settings. Problem is, if I pull the limiters in and get it to corner the way I want, its useless in the deep stuff. Maxsled talks about tuning this out in the switchback assault; 2011 Polaris Assault Switchback Suspension Tuning. Would like to apply the same principle to the xc. Polaris made a 136" extension kit and I heard rumors that in the instructions they suggest moving the front torque arm up by drilling out a pilot hole in the steal mounting bracket attached to the tunnel. Problem is, I'm a little concerned about the clearance between the front torque arm and the track, and would like to verify that that's not going to be a problem, but I can't seem to find/verify the instructions anywhere. Has anyone done this? Anybody happen to have those instructions?

Thanks,
Mike.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Go ahead and drill out the upper hole and use it. I had a 97xc that got a 136 put under it. That is how I set that one up. Works great and clearance isn't an issue.

Premium Features