• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My Latest Build

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
This is my project for this year and it should be done by Christmas, Waiting on a few parts yet but mostly my own time is factor limiting finish date, still waiting on 3x174 track from Tracks Canada though.
1000 Crate engine with custom reeds and squish recut and BD 3degree key
CR 174 tunnel mated to M bulkhead with built in WTA cooler
CPM CrMoly A-arms
Ice Age 174 rails with modded stock rear suspension
Avid 7 tooth drivers
Custom WTA system
Garrett 3076 turbo with various BD and Twisted parts using Attitude controller
Boss seat
2012 bars with adjustable post
BDX extreme Lite drive (straight cut gears and billet cover)
Plan to run pump gas to 10lbs and Av at 12lbs
First pics are old 1200 in teardown and bare chassis from CR

sledbuild 2012.jpg sledbuild 2012 (3).jpg

Last edited:

spoon

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Thanks, I might look into that, I see Trail Tanks lists one but no pix or price.

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Thanks, I might look into that, I see Trail Tanks lists one but no pix or price.

I've got a crossfire tank I'd sell pretty cheap, 12.3 gallons I think (or whatever that converts to in canuckistanian!!:boxing:)

Other than that sally long track:face-icon-small-ton, sick build man!!!

spoon

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
More pics

A couple more with a pic of sled I started with, looks good but bulkhead had stress cracks all around engine mount areas on clutch side and sled even felt loose to ride. She had been straddled by many a jockey besides me, buddies share you know.:face-icon-small-win

sledbuild 2012 (13).jpg sledbuild 2012 (11).jpg IMGP1200.jpg

C

cpatts2000

Jan 22, 2008
Winthrop,WA
Hey Brian, The new build looks great, I have a brand new trail tank that I bought to put on my 1000T that I will sell you for 100$

Air_time24

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2009
Nelson BC
www.facebook.com
Good looking machine Brian! Have to appreciate someone else who actually enjoys tearing these things to the bulkhead and building them back up to create the "ultimate" machine, we'll cya in them hills! Stop in for a wine spritzer nex time your out back. :beer;

spoon

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Update

Sled is going a little slower than I thought but I am waiting on some new parts for turbo system that won't be available till the new year. We have had very little snow and riding the stock M1000 lately has been more fun than the turbo would have been. 3" track is in, suspension is in, just have to finish the WTA system and turbo.

rusty rider

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Middle of the West
Sled is going a little slower than I thought but I am waiting on some new parts for turbo system that won't be available till the new year. We have had very little snow and riding the stock M1000 lately has been more fun than the turbo would have been. 3" track is in, suspension is in, just have to finish the WTA system and turbo.

You building your own kit or you using one of the main stream kits out there?

How is the wta coming along? Details: pump type, inner cooler, exchanger and location? More pics.

Have fun cutting down that 3'' ce if you haven't allready, its a PITA!

Lookin' good tho!:tea:

Premium Features