• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ouch... Chris Brown's a Hurting unit. Anyone see this?

H
Nov 10, 2009
Denver
I wish him a full recovery, but most importantly that he learns something from this experience. 3 things came to mind when I watched the video clip. 1. Young, dumb, and full of ***. 2. It looks like a Darwin Award entry. 3. Sign your donor card so that good can come from something that went terribly wrong. Get well soon!

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
You know, i'm kinda getting sick of you acting like you are the only one who has an opinion because you are the only one extreme enough to understand what is going on.

Doing **** like this (especially when you don't have insurance) is stupid, it isn't pushing machine development, it isn't supporting a sport and there isn't anything noble about it. It's entertainment, nothing more, nothing less.

I wished the guy a speedy recovery, I don't like to see anyone hurt and I'm not taking any pleasure in his accident, but I'm also not going to feel bad that he's now saddled with the consequences of a series of poor choices.

Most people grow out of the stupidity of youth, but it appears you're too extreme for that too.

X2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M
Feb 27, 2010
If you ever can't get insurance because what you do is too dangerous, you should probably do something else.

chris has insurance.but it doesn't cover you 4 being in a wheelchair for 6 months and pain meds he needs during recovery.chris had to find a new spot to live because he had to many stairs at his place.we had a fundraiser in whistler the other week with 250+ people out to suport chris.he is in bad shape but is doing better everyday.chris is one of the top riders in the world and has helped bring this sport to where it is today.

H
Dec 12, 2009
chris has insurance.but it doesn't cover you 4 being in a wheelchair for 6 months and pain meds he needs during recovery.chris had to find a new spot to live because he had to many stairs at his place.we had a fundraiser in whistler the other week with 250+ people out to suport chris.he is in bad shape but is doing better everyday.chris is one of the top riders in the world and has helped bring this sport to where it is today.

I'm glad to hear that he does has insurance to cover the medical expenses, and again I wish him a speedy recovery.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I'm glad to hear that he does has insurance to cover the medical expenses, and again I wish him a speedy recovery.

But you don't feel that someone should have the right to try to help the guy out... that's what I was getting at. The comment that was made about the paypal thing being a scam... (not by you, but you responded directly to my comment about that) is pretty low imo.

A guy who does what we all love is hurt, you can help or not help, but to make the comments about how he shouldn't be doing what we all enjoy watching, or that someone is scamming by asking for people to help just seems really inappropriate to me.

Signed, captain extremo. (yeah... edit quicker next time!:face-icon-small-ton)

Speeedracer

Lifetime Membership
Feb 10, 2006
Kanasas
People's lack of compassion, regardless of how it happened, never seem to amaze me on this forum. Sad, just as saddening of his wreck. Video or not, its not like he was going to be self made (financially) from his video segments. I think the sled videos are cheap in relationship to entertainment value these guys provide, especially considering how many hours footage it takes to get a 30 second segment, then add cost of riding, maintaining sleds, equipment, etc.

Just wish him luck and a speedy recovery and leave it at that if you don't approve supporting (financially or morally) Brown..........

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
People's lack of compassion, regardless of how it happened, never seem to amaze me on this forum. Sad, just as saddening of his wreck. Video or not, its not like he was going to be self made (financially) from his video segments. I think the sled videos are cheap in relationship to entertainment value these guys provide, especially considering how many hours footage it takes to get a 30 second segment, then add cost of riding, maintaining sleds, equipment, etc.

Just wish him luck and a speedy recovery and leave it at that if you don't approve supporting (financially or morally) Brown..........

Nah, screw that. Those guys should all go get accounting jobs:nod:. (then they could be on here YAPPING with all of us :D)

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
The whole "If you don't like it, then sitb on your couch at home," thing kinda misses the point. By him being underinsured we're still going to be covering a whole bunch of his medical expenses and whatnot, and when he went off the cliff I don't recall him asking insured people and the taxpayers of the US and Canada whether they were ok with it. He may have had a choice to go off the cliff, but the rest of us didn't have a choice as to whether we wanted to insure him if he did.

Speeedracer

Lifetime Membership
Feb 10, 2006
Kanasas
yeah, someone is always trying to make a buck off someone else......ugh. whatever.......

Brown is hurt bad, they're just trying to help get some support for him, jeez./

Kaleb.........thank gawd there aren't more people out there who can spend time on here being haters! We'd never get a post in edgewise!! LOL

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I can't believe they even posted this vid! Was it Slednecks who posted this?
Gonna try make money off Chris's Near death experience? Listen to the suspense music as he goes off the cliff.

This is as poor as it gets!

YOU ABSOLUTE TOOL... SLEDNECKS IS NOT MAKING MONEY OFF OF THIS! JASON POSTED THIS ORIGINALLY ON FB SO PEOPLE WHO KNEW CHRIS COULD HELP. THE ONLY PURPOSE OF THIS FILM IS TO MAKE PEOPLE AWARE OF WHAT HAPPENED, AND TO LET THEM HELP IF THEY COULD.

The only thing that had to do with slednecks was labeling Chris so people knew who he was

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
The whole "If you don't like it, then sitb on your couch at home," thing kinda misses the point. By him being underinsured we're still going to be covering a whole bunch of his medical expenses and whatnot, and when he went off the cliff I don't recall him asking insured people and the taxpayers of the US and Canada whether they were ok with it. He may have had a choice to go off the cliff, but the rest of us didn't have a choice as to whether we wanted to insure him if he did.

You mean just like how we don't have a choice about insuring the fat lazy average American? How about insuring smokers, or bad drivers? Oh yeah, people who live in cities who get emphysema because of pollution?

People make MANY choices in life, and MANY risks, some of them create serious lifelong illnesses, and some create a short hardship that they will overcome.

I'll be in the group with Brown over an smoker, lazy people... whatever, ANY DAY. A healthy guy with a few broken bones will cost the rest of us less than any of those people.

I'm pretty amazed at some of the comments on here.

btw, I'm not that extreme... more than some, sure, but much less than the big boys. (my wife... shes the REAL badazz) but I can understand where these guys are coming from, and what keeps them living, whatever age they are. I just don't understand the amount of haters on here making comments about a guy who simply made a mistake (a HUGE ONE) and needs some help. He is not here panhandling, he is not trying to steal from your wallet, this is just some people who know him, trying to do what they know how, to help a guy who is going to be hurting for a while. I don't ever see anyone watching slednecks, or any of the other videos saying "man, that's stupid, I wish he would have thought about how this may have an effect on society if it goes wrong"... no, we just watch with a S*** eatin grin because it's just cool seeing guys push the limits.

Last edited:
M
Feb 27, 2010
I can't believe they even posted this vid! Was it Slednecks who posted this?
Gonna try make money off Chris's Near death experience? Listen to the suspense music as he goes off the cliff.

This is as poor as it gets!

well the gopro footage is browns so i would have to say he gave them the ok to post it.some people just don't know how tight everyone is in the big mountain scene ..well in this area anyways.go check out ridewithchrisbrown.com this is what chris has been upto.

K

kllongbrake

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 29, 2009
Your a real piece of work backcountryislife. Do you respect anyone's opinion? More times than not all you're doing is being a douchebag. I have as much right to an opinion as you do. Show some respect for others.

C

catmanm7

Nov 29, 2007
Why are people putting down a guy that is injured and laid up right now? Why did insurance even get brought up? All backcountry is doing is defending a snowmobiler who isnt on here to defend himself. Chris brown has an account on here, I am sure when he reads this he will thank all the people for the criticism... Hope you guys never get injured, because if it is posted on here I will be sure to not pay my taxed that year so that you have no support when you need it. This thread was never started to bash brown, just showing some footage. This thread should just be closed because it has nothing to do with m-series or any helpful information.
Good luck Chris with your recovery, hope to see you riding and pulling these very unsafe maneuvers again. I definately dont mind if my tax money is used to help a WORKING citizen.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
From the head cam you can see the line he wanted, this type of drop has been done before it just went bad this time.

Some of the people on here need to shut the heckc up. I have never seen such bs on this forum before. All the people saying no insurance or stupid or what ever don't even know the true facts, so to you, its hypocritical.

For the Love of God have some compassion. You may not agree and thats fine but post it somewhere else PLEASE!

I have no idea who Chris is in real life, but I support him and what he does. If you ride a sled you are just as likely something could happen to you. If it happened to one of my friends I might tell it was dumb but you can bet your *** I will go out of my way to help out, if some of the stuff was said to my face (about chris or a friend) I would loose it. There are some on here that piss me off and I would still support you when it came down to it. We have to support each other its just what we do. Those that do without question, thanks!

Rather than find fault in everyone else just leave it or support it, now if he goes out and does the same thing twice it would be different. But in our world this no different than driving down the highway hitting some black ice and going head to head with a semi. You knew what you where doing and may be a very good driver but once in a great while it goes wrong, thats all that happened here, I am sure this was a thought out drop not just some random guy saying watch this and hold my beer. So Please dig down and find some compassion or just leave it. (not saying send money just think if it like it was you and how much support means)

Please do not respond to my post, I may have said some stuff that pisses you off, sorry, its just me blowing some steam, I wont be coming back to this thread, I would rather believe we are all good people then see more of this. For the love I hope chris doesn't have to see it.

Please just leave it,

I'm not saying I'm perfect or better than anyone,
if you have a problem with me take it up with me privately, not here.

Good luck and a speedy recovery to Chris

K

kllongbrake

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 29, 2009
Why are people putting down a guy that is injured and laid up right now? Why did insurance even get brought up? All backcountry is doing is defending a snowmobiler who isnt on here to defend himself. Chris brown has an account on here, I am sure when he reads this he will thank all the people for the criticism... Hope you guys never get injured, because if it is posted on here I will be sure to not pay my taxed that year so that you have no support when you need it. This thread was never started to bash brown, just showing some footage. This thread should just be closed because it has nothing to do with m-series or any helpful information.
Good luck Chris with your recovery, hope to see you riding and pulling these very unsafe maneuvers again. I definately dont mind if my tax money is used to help a WORKING citizen.

Never bashed anybody in any way shape or form. Just gave my opinion about requests for donations. I didn't see any accident in the video. I saw a calculated RISK that went wrong. It's also my opinion that backcountry is not just defending someone who isn't on here to defend himself. My bad if it was just started to show some footage. Looked like advertising to me. Also looked like Mr. Brown was plenty alert to be on here "defending himself", against those who may be "bashing" him. Since you brought that up.

C

catmanm7

Nov 29, 2007
Never bashed anybody in any way shape or form. Just gave my opinion about requests for donations. I didn't see any accident in the video. I saw a calculated RISK that went wrong. It's also my opinion that backcountry is not just defending someone who isn't on here to defend himself. My bad if it was just started to show some footage. Looked like advertising to me. Also looked like Mr. Brown was plenty alert to be on here "defending himself", against those who may be "bashing" him. Since you brought that up.

WyoBoy is better with words then I am. Im leaving it as well, this thread is any skin off my back.
kllongbrake- hope you wont need support from fellow riders, no matter what caused it. Not many ppl are like wyoboy and will support you. You want to kick a man when he is down go ahead, I would rather help him back up. Everything we do in life has risk and consequences, I wouldnt have tried what brown did, but I am not as skilled as he is.. Bottom line, support him or dont support him, quit ranting on here about how much this is going to ding your taxes or how another man risked more then you would of.

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
So he does those stunts without insurance huh? All that means is the rest of us who do pay for insurance are insuring him. And if he's in Canada, it sounds like the Canucks are footing the bill since I doubt anyone would really ever pay back 250,000 in medical bills.

I can see why people who do pay for insurance have to pay for people who aren't doing highly dangerous stunts but can't afford insurance. I find it a little ridiculous that we have to insure the people who choose to do the highly dangerous stunts without insurance. Perhaps if he couldn't afford the insurance, maybe he shouldn't be going off 100 foot cliffs into trees.

I'm sure what I said will piss a whole bunch of people off, but seriously, someone has to pay for medical bills for the accidents that will almost certainly happen. It's not like they can't predict that that stuff is going to happen.

Your age says it all.

T
Nov 26, 2007
coeur dalene, idaho
I truly don't get some of the stuff on here. A guy goes big and a guy wrecks. He goes to hospital, he has to recover. If you want to send money go for it. if you don't, don't. But why belittle someone becasue he chose to go big? Thank god, there is alot of people willing to go big or no sport would ever go anywhere. I have gone big and wrecked and ended up having surgries in the past, it is a part of life. But i will say you either get that or you don't.

good luck in your recovery.

Premium Features