• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

looking to turbo a 98xc700

T
Mar 11, 2010
i am trying to find out if any one still makes a kit or if any one has one.in the case if no one has one and i need to make a kit dose any one here have any info on it as i can not find any.

thanks
jeremy

W

WACHTERENTERPRISES

Nov 30, 2008
Onalaska, WI
1998 XC700 turbo kit.

I have a "Brand new" kit that was run at 2 races this year. 15 radar run passes. Sled ran 143mph in 1000'. I love the sled but I am switching to 4 strokes for next year. Willing to sell complete kit: aerocharger 66 series "largest compressor" 18lbs boost, pipe, charge tube, air box, carburetors, reeds, fuel pump, regulator, wideband o2 guage, electronic fuel pressure guage, and all electronics and fittings to make it turn key. $4300 FIRM!!!! Willing to sell less the turbo as well. $2000 FIRM!!!! Thanks! Jed

1badcowboy

Oct 26, 2008
Elko NV
for 2k for the turbo kit is a good deal. i had a 700 xc 700 and had a turbo kit for it but sold the sled before i ever put it on. steve packard can also set you up with a turbo kit but im sure it will cost you more than 2k he is a really good guy. the hardest part is preasurizing your carbs and geting your clutching spot on

W

WACHTERENTERPRISES

Nov 30, 2008
Onalaska, WI
My kit was put together by Steve Packer. The kit cost me just under $6000 when all was said and done to start and run the sled. The carbs were bought new and set up by him. The air box was built by him for that specific sled so the steering post would not interfere. The turbo has the fuel tube for trail riding, however, i never used it because i was radar running. Tuning it was relatively easy for radars because it would pull almost any helix i'd throw at it. Just find the right gram weights and jets and she flew!!!!!!!! I also forgot to say that I'd throw in the carb boots as well. They had to be the style with the offset that came off of a 2002 xc800 or 700, also for clearance issues. The kit is absolutely flawless and works AMAZINGLY! I'd be willing to sell minus the turbo. I know that some people wouldnt buy a used turbo, but I assure you, the kit is in BRAND NEW SHAPE COSMETICALLY AND MECHANICALLY! Thanks! Jed

T
Mar 11, 2010
thanks for the replays. jed i might have a deal lined up right now but if it falls though ill get a hold of you. what boost rang will that turbo do? i know you said 18 psi witch is to much for what i want iam looking for 6-7 psi of boost for the trails.

W

WACHTERENTERPRISES

Nov 30, 2008
Onalaska, WI
The turbo just needs a lighter spring that can be purchased from Packer for around $12. I have the orange spring with 4 washers. You can run whatever boost you want by changing the spring in the boost controller. I have a hi-low boost switch that I'd give you too. It varies the boost from hi to low around 3 to 4 lbs.

mountain

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2002
Stanwood Washington
I have a kit for your sled with the 53 Aerocharger, which would be perfect for the boost you want to run. Will sell for $2,200. (360)658-1288

Premium Features