• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cat forums

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I`m staying. Just don`t understand people complaining about it. Nothing comes for free, and I think the price is worht it.
I pay 66$ a year to join my car forum, and I don`t mind. Knowledge does not come for free.

I've got absolutely nothing against folks that stick around, each their own.

BUT... it drives me nuts to hear this argument from folks, you're not paying the people that are sharing their knowledge with us, we're paying an IT geek that will keep bannering the site with ads, but will ALLOW us to share info with each other. My only issue is the fact that this same information can be had for free on other sites.

I also agree, $10 or $30 is a pittance in this sport, but It's MY $30 & it won't be going in Christophers pocket for giving me absolutely nothing I couldn't get for free. IF I saw a single feature that added to my knowledge that was honestly provided or paid for by Snowest I'd be all for it, I'm ok with paying for content, just not for the content of other paying customers.
So far I have seen nothing that has been added to the forum that they have done for us aside from some kinda cool features (I do like some of them, on other forums I look for the thanks or useful buttons!!) that make the site easier to navigate or just more pleasant to use, but don't add anything that I really want to know or could learn from.

O

OnTheEdge

Jan 10, 2009
Minot, ND
quit whining. $10 isn't much at all. Like stated above I have learned more from USERS ON SNOWEST, then anywhere. It has saved me money, a lot of it. Everyone is friendly and the swapmeet is a great place to get parts. So go to a free site if it's a big deal, no one wants to hear you whine.

A
Jan 16, 2008
no one is whining, BC4life simply stated an opinion.

Here is one of my opinions,
I dont like when i post a thread and then it is moved by a mod. If i wanted to put my thread in a certain section then i would have done so. but now it is up to the descretion of the humble mod to decide if the thread location is appropriate and this seems to be happening more and more. and for this reason and for the fact i am not fond of christopher, i probably will not pay.

Thanks but when i graduated high school i also graduated from supervision.

So what has happend, SW seems to have turned into a sight where the non-payer says they wont pay and say it sucks, and the paying member says you are a cry-baby suck it up its only 30 bucks. so now we have paid members that get all these cool little smiley icons, chat rooms, and all the bells and whistles tehy try to sell you, along with the internet tough-guy badge. non-paying memers get to go pound salt.

This sight will fade there is no doubt, look at all the useless threads already about paying vs. not paying.
There was a day when the forum was about sleds and snow. these days are no longer

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
They must have gotten sick of all the goodbye threads (look in suggestions & feedback... TONS of them) because now we can read (I can at least) all the posts again.

What the heck? Make up your minds guys!

btw, people that have posted very little or NO useful info talking about how others are whining... yeah, stop & think about that for a minute.

If all the sub 500 posters stick around, but the guys who we rely on for real useful info leave, well.... we'll see how it goes.

O

OnTheEdge

Jan 10, 2009
Minot, ND
well if you dont want to pay dont, if you do then do. we dont need 45 threads that argue about it. im sick of reading them. I really don't care if useful help leaves or not. Its still a great site whether it fades or not. $10 woooo. Its more of an updated forum that you are paying for, faster, no more problems when to many people are on. more options like deleting your own threads, more access to some parts.

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
MY rant I am so tired of this topic Lets move on.

But yet hear we are in the cat M section and we have to hear about why you think this is such a bad idea.

It cost to do thing in every way. Why don't you call your internet supplier and complain I am sure you have to pay to use it.Do you ever wonder what a T3 line cost to run a server so as we can discuss something we love to do?

Sorry I will stop now. and move on.

no one is whining, BC4life simply stated an opinion.

Here is one of my opinions,
I dont like when i post a thread and then it is moved by a mod. If i wanted to put my thread in a certain section then i would have done so. but now it is up to the descretion of the humble mod to decide if the thread location is appropriate and this seems to be happening more and more. and for this reason and for the fact i am not fond of christopher, i probably will not pay.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
well if you dont want to pay dont, if you do then do. we dont need 45 threads that argue about it. im sick of reading them.

simple solution... Don't read them. Just like how easy it is to avoid a thread about $100 for tinting lights on a sled... just don't click.

Funny to have a 17 yr old tell us that we should be spending our money. I usually don't hassle people about their age, but in this situation, I just can't help it.

After a blown motor in my Subie, a broken septic line under my house, a bad lift pump & injector in my Cummins (all this month)... I've got better things to do with my money, it's called living, not spending it on a forum. EVERY dollar counts & any spare $$ I have will be spent on gas, not to go in Christopher's pocket.

A
Jan 16, 2008
well if you dont want to pay dont, if you do then do. we dont need 45 threads that argue about it. im sick of reading them. I really don't care if useful help leaves or not. Its still a great site whether it fades or not. $10 woooo. Its more of an updated forum that you are paying for, faster, no more problems when to many people are on. more options like deleting your own threads, more access to some parts.

Well if you dont want to read the threads then dont read them. you clearly are missing the point.
and if by update you mean adding a pony icon to a post, yea, some update. Is this place for kids or adults?

i dont care about deleting threads, i dont need any other parts of a forum besides a sled tech section and snow conditions, and if anyone has been in the alaska snow conditions section you can see where the forum is heading.

the fact that you dont care if useful help leaves or not clearly shows you dont get it. its not about the money. its about having someone (mods) watching over your shoulder. if i want a clutching question in the performance/mod section i dont need it moved to the AC section.

and if the site fades, it will not be great. but paying for a good product doesnt seem to be something your concerned about.

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
Sounds like a lot of whining to me. And aobut what? $10 a year? LMAO!!!!

We've all literally burned more than that with all the little small mistakes we've made, buying a product that isn't worth it, exploding a pop in the freezer(I do that much too regualarly), driving up to sled to only turn around much too early in the day because someone has forgotten something, or broke down, a beer after the ride, ever spilt a drink.

Give me a break, you're talking about 2.5cents a day. Sure that's going to break you. LOL How do you know Christopher is 17? Even if he were, I pretty sure that the money isn't going in his pocket and it's not his decision.

I do agree that it may discourage new members from joining, the 3 month free trial sounds great......gettem hooked then hit them up. If I hadn't been a meber for the past 9 years, and needed to pay right away, I probably would have moved on to another site.

So, people that continue to post about this, you are whining, so don't pay and go to another site, we don't want to hear about it anymore.

A
Jan 16, 2008
But yet hear we are in the cat M section and we have to hear about why you think this is such a bad idea.

It cost to do thing in every way. Why don't you call your internet supplier and complain I am sure you have to pay to use it.Do you ever wonder what a T3 line cost to run a server so as we can discuss something we love to do?

Sorry I will stop now. and move on.

not sure what you are getting at, but this sight functioned great a couple of years ago when it was free, less mods, less sections, no chat box options, and i'm sure money to function was supplied by the advertisers.

So yea i pay to have internet supplied to my house, while someone pays SW to post ads. In case you guys dont realize, the internet is huge and has a ton of options. sharing info for free is one of them.

I'm sure everyone is sick of this topic, but what did you expect?

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
So, people that continue to post about this, you are whining, so don't pay and go to another site, we don't want to hear about it anymore.

ok, we don't want to hear you "whine" about how a bumper that you installed wrong took out your sled anymore either....

OOOH... you being unhappy about that is different? Nobody beat you up over the fact that the info had been out there for over a year when that happened to you, but yeah, some of us are unhappy with how things have gone here. I would like to stay, but I will not pay for the site the way things have gone.

I'll get what I can out of my "free" membership & talk to friends that want to stay. I'm not berating them or you for wanting to pay, but you seem to think that now that you've paid, you're above us & it's ok to call us whiners.

well... we don't want to hear you whining about anything anymore....:face-icon-small-sho

A

aart

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
be glad we have to pay to NOT hear the whiney Backazz Country Retards!

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Backcountry, I like your opinion on everything even your argument on this thread as you are right you can get the info elsewhere for FREE.
With that said I would appreciate it if you stick around.

I dont care for all the fancy crap that is now on this site and still use it the same way I did before.
What I paid for was the upkeep of the forum and the push to expand sledding, When I first joined the sight was fine but just in the beginning of this season I saw many new comers and the sight got over loaded. Something had to be done and as christopher stated the forum never paid for itself and eventually it would be cut from the program or we have to pay, (not everything can be run Oboma style).
I have paid my dues and already forgot about it, I to have had a run of bad luck, duramax injectors, crank went out of sled, hit a dear with the car. But I think snowest is the only forum that has a significant voice in the sledding industry and can reach many people, the more the merrier.
One other option would be a cheaper membership that gives you the same stuff the old site did.

As for the whining thing, stop telling others there whining, its all a mater of opinion, and it doesn't help the cause.

I hope everyone sticks around, I like to help when I can, I appreciate the help from others, and this is where I like to do it.

People that say its going into christophers pocket / He is not the one in charge of finance I'm sure, Just the one that was chosen to upgrade the system.

If you have a problem with a post/thread being moved, simply ask the MOD to put it back. I doubt there would be an issue. (create solutions) Or start another thread and there will be one in each place. Yeah, I know it can be a pain but its just the way it is, you could probably ask them to leave your info alone, The mods are only trying to help just like the rest of us.

C
Feb 21, 2009
hong gong
look around here guys, ya see all those ads at the top and at the sides of the page you are currently viewing? Those are ads and snowest makes a boatload of money from those ads. The more people viewing this site means the more they can charge for those ads. This is typical corporate-like profiting. Its greed. Just like every other company. Why should we pay to view this site?
Don't worry there will be another site up and running once people get fed up with getting ripped off. R I P Snowest. It was nice while it lasted.

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
I paid it, and I completely understand why going from Free to Pay would be controversial to many of the members. I really like the info I get on this website and want to see it remain successful, therefore it did not bother me to pay $10.00 a year for the next 3 years. I think of it as a trial basis, if I don't like what I am paying for nobody is saying I must renew my premium membership.

I cant detail every reason why I like this website and all the users that have helped me out so much, but I am willing to give this pay thing a shot to see how it goes. I hope others out there just give it a chance, even if it is just for 1 year.

John

Premium Features