• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cat forums

S
Well fellas, the bell has tolled. For those of us who "just ain't paying" (for reasons best not discussed in this thread) what good M-series sites are out there?

hcs? arcticchat? The "unmentionable" site? Snow and mud looks pretty promising, more western oriented anyway.

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
I will miss all of you

Sorry I have tried all other site hate them not going to switch. I gain enough information and share enough that for 24 for 3 years is so minimal.

Just so as you notice I am a paid member and being a mod did not need to do so but also felt it was something I should for what I gain.

Thanks for all you that add to this site to make it what it is and if you are leaving we that are staying will miss you but will continue on.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Sledmods for local CO info & arcticchat for cat specific stuff. Haven't checked out S&M, I'll have to take a look.

Keep in mind, even if only 1/2 of the people here leave, the other sites will be much busier now that they've gone full douchebag over here.

Look at what happened over at co sled city... they just stopped listening to people & it died a sad death. People then moved over here, the same can happen again.

thekrust

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Okanagan
??????? Snowest! Merged to cat forums.

Where will everyone go now that Snowest is a pay site. This sucks and I think it will destroy a good thing.

I

ItDoAble

Aug 30, 2006
Loveland, CO
I'm staying ..

Frankly, don't understand what the big deal is .. I've learned so much from the membership that's saved me big bucks, improved my sled, etc., etc., that a few dollars is well worth it. We're all sounding like a bunch of spoiled teenagers (I've been guilty myself in a few threads). :face-icon-small-dis

Last edited:

M7DingBat

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2009
Alaska
I'm also staying....

Sure, it kinda' sucks. BUT, as stated, I've saved ALOT of money from the info here...hell, I didn't even know how to pull my DD before I got on here, and I was about to ***** out and actually PAY the dealer to do it. That was until a buddy of mine said, "Dude, just search it on Snowest, they got EVERYTHING." I've been here since. My one friends suggestion to look here has already saved me hundreds, maybe even a solid G or two. I think I can afford a little yearly fee to save much, much more.

So.....QUIT *****EN!!!:face-icon-small-fro

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I'm staying ..

Frankly, don't understand what the big deal is .. I've learned so much from the membership that's saved me big bucks, improved my sled, etc., etc., that a few dollars is well worth it. We're all sounding like a bunch of spoiled teenagers (I've been guilty myself in a few threads). :face-icon-small-dis

Sorry, but I have to disagree.

You've learned so much for the OTHER USERS, not from snowest.
Those other users now are asked to pay to post their info so we can read it.

I was going to stick around, but now I see we can't even read the CO forum without paying. I thought it was going to be the tech forums only...? What happened?

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
I'll be staying but I really only have one complaint on the whole situation at hand. I agree that $10 a year is cheap for all the great info you get on here especially the snow conditions. But $30 a year for a new member is crazy. IMO it will discourage new membership and new members are the future of the site. I had never heard of this site until 2 years ago and if it would have been $30 to join back then I never would have done it. And the reason being that I had no idea how informative or helpful the site was or wasn't.

I would like to think that in the 2 years I have been around I have helped a few people out with my trials and tribulations regarding my modded m-series intake and tips on extending a xfire. I'm sure my story is similar to many others out there.

M
Feb 21, 2009
I kind of feel like they are going about this wrong.

This entire site is covered in advertisement, almost every company that is involved with snowmobiling is paying for advertisement space on this site. I can't imagine that there is not enough advertisment money coming in to cover the operating costs and then some.

Heck, I have a free account at Pogo and can play games for free and have a chance every time to win cash money, it's all possible because of the advertisement they run.

The real big bummer for me is that there are all these new features that come with a mebership, that I do not need or would use, I would be perfectly happy with the same features I had when I signed up for my free account, or less even.

I feel like the smarter move would have been to have...
1. A low feature basic free account with full access, without the frills that most of us don't need.
2. A premium paid account with all the new features for those who would enjoy and use those features.

I don't see how making everyone pay is gonna weed out the garbage like I keep hearing, that's one thing I like about snowest, there really isn't a whole lot of garbage to weed through like you find on other sites.

I guess I'm on the fence, I enjoy learning and helping people here, but I wish they would have offered a basic free account with full access and low level features. It's just been so nice to be able to come free of charge and offer advise to those who need it, and learn from those who know more than I. It's always been about the sport and the friendship, not a service. I look forward to hearing others opinions on this.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I'll be staying but I really only have one complaint on the whole situation at hand. I agree that $10 a year is cheap for all the great info you get on here especially the snow conditions. But $30 a year for a new member is crazy. IMO it will discourage new membership and new members are the future of the site. I had never heard of this site until 2 years ago and if it would have been $30 to join back then I never would have done it. And the reason being that I had no idea how informative or helpful the site was or wasn't.

I would like to think that in the 2 years I have been around I have helped a few people out with my trials and tribulations regarding my modded m-series intake and tips on extending a xfire. I'm sure my story is similar to many others out there.

Agreed. I think they should have a 3 month free trial first, at the least.

Any one that owns a sled and is b1tching about 30 bucks, must not ever ride it. My average weekend is over $300. You can find info anywhere but to bring it all together and help the cause of Sledding is what count to me.
Like: Keeping the tree huggers from getting all the land and Avalanche awareness. Cheap price for a future if you ask me.

Daltech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
North Norway
I`m staying. Just don`t understand people complaining about it. Nothing comes for free, and I think the price is worht it.
I pay 66$ a year to join my car forum, and I don`t mind. Knowledge does not come for free.

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
You know I am still really stuck on this also.

I am sure I will hit the UserCP and sign up but here is the deal.

I know "everyone" is leaving. But I am pretty darn sure if someone posts a question on Snowest in the AC section someone will post a reply in a couple minutes.

I have been watching the "other" sites and they just don't have the activity. If I want an answer I want it now. Not two weeks from now when someone picks the post on accident.

It will be a wait and see game. But until the other sites have well over 8000 members I don't see it.

Also noticed the AC section on SW is very busy compared to the others like Polaris and Skidoo. But on the other site the Polaris section is going pretty good. Just not enough AC activity for me yet.

My rant. :)

Thunder

P
Dec 20, 2007
NO WHERE GOOD
GREAT INFO

:present:EVEN THOUGH I DON'T POST MUCH, READING ALL THE INFO THIS SITE HAS OVER THE OTHERS HAS GIVEN ME AWESOME INSIGHT. OH BY THE WAY HOW MUCH DID THAT SLED AND TRUCK AND TRAILER AND ALL OTHER ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT COST? SOUNDS LIKE THE PEOPLE WHO BI???ES ABOUT PAYING $30.00 FOR A PERMIT WHICH HELPS TO PROVIDE TO KEEP AREAS OPEN FOR RIDING AND SPENDS $$$$$$$ ON THE PREVIOUS MENTIONED EQUIPMENT. MY .02

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
You know I am still really stuck on this also.

I am sure I will hit the UserCP and sign up but here is the deal.

I know "everyone" is leaving. But I am pretty darn sure if someone posts a question on Snowest in the AC section someone will post a reply in a couple minutes.

I have been watching the "other" sites and they just don't have the activity. If I want an answer I want it now. Not two weeks from now when someone picks the post on accident.

It will be a wait and see game. But until the other sites have well over 8000 members I don't see it.

Also noticed the AC section on SW is very busy compared to the others like Polaris and Skidoo. But on the other site the Polaris section is going pretty good. Just not enough AC activity for me yet.

My rant. :)

Thunder

Hey Thunder,
Yes some will leave but I am optimistic that there will be lots of people here to help with anything.This is not the first big change for the Snowest forums where people have threatened to leave.
I don't think you can go wrong IMO.

Cheers,
Dave

Premium Features