• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

92 Indy 650 w/Aaen pipes jetting, clutching, and gearing...

C
Dec 4, 2009
I just picked up a 91 Indy 650 with a 92 650 motor. Also got a set of what I think is a set of Aaen triple pipes, with each pipe having its own stinger. The sled is all stock with 38mm carbs right now. I need to clean them, but need to know where to start with jetting, clutching and gearing for this thing. I ride this one only within 20 miles of my house ditch banging and on the lakes. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Chris

P
Dec 7, 2007
Braham Minnesota
Idk if id be much help here.. seeing is i am asking questions myself about mine haha.

But i have a 600 with 38mm carbs and slp triple pipes.. and they said 240 mains and 35 pilots? This is for a 0-3000 altitude range also.

Not sure if im a 100% on this and if it would be close to what yours would be since its a 650 and different pipes..

Anyone able to help out a little better?

Good luck with it dude! :)

wrtmani

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kalispell, Mt
Info to help

This info should help. I got it from Decker Enterprises for a set of Decker triple pipes I was going to use on a 600/650 triple swap into a Indy 400 I was going to do a couple years ago. Ended up selling the pipes on E-bay. They had stingers on each pipe too, but the pipes said Decker right on them...

"...but for the 650’s we took the foam out of the air box and started with 280 main jets with everything else stock. We ran Polaris M-1 weights in the primary with everything else in both clutches stock. We also recommended a 20 tooth top gear. These pipes run at 9000 to 9200 RPM, it is very important to run 9000 minimum as the engine has real bad harmonic vibration from 8400 to 8700 RPM. Hope this helps."

Incidentally, I have all the engine parts that I bought for that swap for sale in one large lot on E-bay right now. I have enough parts for a couple motors and then some for $500 OR BEST OFFER. My signature line has an ad for the swapmeet with the Ebay link. Thanks for looking!
Wrtmani

Premium Features