• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Opinions on your 2010 M8

600xc4me

May 21, 2008
La Crete Alberta
A motor on yer' Polaris every 250 miles or so?

Wow.

I will be straight trippin' if that happens with my Skidoo!!

And probably heading towards a new Cat with you:beer;

That has been my average yeah. Last year I went through three motors, the best one lasted about 550 miles. This year I got the updated top end, and got about 100 mils on it. Still ran but had bad scoring. Most are running good now after the update. I just had other problems that caused my updated engine to fail. Getting a whole load of new stuff under the hood this time. Yeah are not all as bad as mine, I just got a lemon I guess.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
60 miles on mine yesterday and this thing flat rips:D I had a 2008 and a 2009 and this thing just jumps out of the snow, I was up at 12000 ft with the stock 6-9 clutching and it would still pull 7900 on a hill, I am going to try some 65s and see how that works, but I am very happy:D

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
nice

I have an LE. I've been riding M sleds since they came out. This one is the best out of the box performer I've been on.

I added side vents and Dalton adjustable weights. I've got just over 60 miles on it now. I had to start adding weight to the primary at 30 miles. These things are going to rip once they're broke in.

Break-in rides for me were one day of deep snow and one day of insanely deep snow. The sled jumps up quick and then just keeps on pulling. Huge powerband.

Making some belt dust, so there's some improvements to be made in the clutching. But I know I would have grenaded several belts on my previous sleds in the same conditions. Wet, sticky, all the vents plugged powder. AC got pretty close with the clutching.

Couple of video links. Lots of fun. No footage of mine, because I was behind the camera. But, the blue M in the first vid is also a '10.

The first vid was the insanely deep day, the second one was just deep.:beer;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sJ_fcTvsf0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLeeI5z_5Uc

that was an amazing day!! i was there too breaking in my 2010 m8!
:) i got 250 miles on mine so far and loving every minute of it, several times this year ive been impressed with its ability to just downright dig and keep you moving rather then spinning out and getting stuck!

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
My 07 with the slp pipe and can feels like a slug. This 2010 m8 feels like a modded race sled. Sled on steroids perhaps. Very pleased.

colorado_matt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO
I have around 180 miles on my new HCR and am very pleased. The motor is very smooth and consistant. At 11,300 ft. mine pulls and holds 8330 rpm with cutler adjustable weights.(60-70, currently 63.1) I will be adding at least a gram for my next ride and see where that puts it. I've been so impressed with how consistant the motor has ran that I am considering leaving the big stock muffler. I really like how quiet it is and don't want to trade 10 lbs for a bog. Anyone using an aftermarket muffler that isn't too loud and hasn't had a negative effect on performance?

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I have around 180 miles on my new HCR and am very pleased. The motor is very smooth and consistant. At 11,300 ft. mine pulls and holds 8330 rpm with cutler adjustable weights.(60-70, currently 63.1) I will be adding at least a gram for my next ride and see where that puts it. I've been so impressed with how consistant the motor has ran that I am considering leaving the big stock muffler. I really like how quiet it is and don't want to trade 10 lbs for a bog. Anyone using an aftermarket muffler that isn't too loud and hasn't had a negative effect on performance?

HPS runs perfect.

A
Dec 31, 2007
Eagle River, AK
Seems like it gains power every time I ride it, I'm getting pretty use to the feal of the chassis (my first cat) and also love it. There really isn't anything I dont like about the sled aside from a few easy to change things like the ski's, bar position (already fixed with amp riser) and the stupid side panels, these things can be a pita to close some times. I also dont like the way you change the belt, I miss my team secondary.

Other then that, all I've done is venting, can and amp riser/gauge pod and this thing is SET UP.

rideon

Lifetime Membership
Oct 24, 2008
Bountiful, Ut
I would recommend looking at the Cutler Can for the new M8 motor. I spoke with Dale at length about it last week. He seems pretty confident that they have a can ready that is going to lose the weight and pick-up a bit of power at the same time. He did not seem too interested in talking smack about the other products, but indicated that there are many out there that are truly losing HP on the dyno. He said he will weigh the stock can and his can side by side for anyone to see the weight difference between the two. The cans are supposed to be ready for purchase at the first of the year. Not ready for Christmas. :(

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere

I have the HPS on mine and no bog so far,,, it is kinda loud though, was hoping for a little quiter since it has 2 cans on it,

J
Dec 9, 2007
Bismarck, ND
How will it compare to the other 2010's out there? Sled for Sled, which is going to be the top runner? I just picked up a new 2010 m8 and haven't got a chance to line it up with my buddies xp yet.

R
Aug 30, 2008
Rocky Mountians

I would check out SLP, + you will meet the new sound requirments !

S

skimike

Dec 21, 2009
bakersfield
I bought 1 last friday a 2010 m8 snopro 153 and its bad ***, I put 100 miles last w/e with no problems. I had it upto 100 mph on a trail the first day, WOW, that was scary fast. the second day it started to bang a little when the clutch engages, that could be some belt deflection. I am new to sledding . last w/e was my 4th and 5th rides in life. on sunday I was able to get it up on 1 ski and counter steer in the pow, not real good but it was a good start. I also bought a 02 mountain cat 800 efi 144, about a month ago it was new old stock it now has 200 miles on it. its no slouch it hauls *** too. I fell in deep real fast, now Im hooked like a research monkey

S

scarter

Jan 13, 2009
Belgrade, MT
I rode a 2010 for a day up in White Sulpher Springs and loved it. The front end felt a little heavy with that ginormous can they have in there but it pulled hard for an 800.

I would love to ride one with the SLP pipe. Anybody have an aftermarket pipe on one yet?

800Cat

Nov 27, 2007
Montana
150 miles on mine and i'm loving it so far. Going to West Yellowstone for a week and can't wait with this new snow their getting. Should be a good test for it i hope. Seems to be another great sled for cat.

colorado_matt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO
I've got around 500 miles on my 2010 HCR and I'm happier with every ride! I felt the motor continued to get stronger for about 350 miles. As most others, I broke the stock primary spring around 200 miles. That's the only problem so far. If you ride it hard for an exteneded period of time, you will explode a belt, as with about any other sled. I decided to go with a speedwerx tunnel dump muffler, unfortunately it hasn't shown up yet. I also added a TIMBERSLED Mtn. Tamer rear suspension on ICEAGE rails. WOW!!! The new updated suspension with the adjustable FLOAT X shock rocks! I've played with different primary spring and weight combinations. This sled pulls extremely hard when pulling 8000 rpm max. I think I'm happiest with holding about 8100-8200. At that rpm I feel that the sled runs best across a variety of riding and if it's not quite pulling those r's, it is still running very strong. All in all, awesome sled! Only thing I wish it had was 6 lbs. of boost:)

thekrust

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Okanagan
I've 650mi on mine trouble free, runs strong. Needed a new belt at about 575mi. MBRP can, a little loud but works great.

Premium Features