• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Chris burandt

G
Nov 2, 2009
Yeah but on his movies (Burandts backcountry adventure 1 and 2) he brags about there wonderful handling and performance. I think he's in it for the money. But ya cant blame him:face-icon-small-hap

B
Jan 22, 2009
:(Really sucks to see cat let him go like this. I cant fault a guy for going where the money is and im sure polaris did it to save their mountain segment which I am sure it will accomplish that. Guess you could say that we all got " Schooled" by thinking that Chris and Cat were inseperable. Does make you wonder though who will be the next big thing for cat as far as a hardcore freerider. Rassmusen is an awesome rider but you really dont see him doing the big drops and over the top stuff like Chris. Sounds to me like there is one hell of a job opening for a rider out there willing to push it and be cats next big thing. Goes to show that if you put the biggest name in snowmobiling on your sled its gonna do great things for your company........With the amount of polaris sleds chris will go through in a season they are bound to double their sled sales! Sure hope those Assaults and Dragons will at least stay running long enough to cook his Hot Pockets though:D Hate to see a guy starve!
new freerider might be Brett Turcotte who by the way is AWESOME!

K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
Well polaris had to do something and they did, let the competition begin. I think it will be good for the industry sucks for arctic cat to lose him but just like in hockey there will always be future stars and maybe these guy's will start getting what they are worth, they are athletes and they do sell a product so while dollars are flashing they should take them while they can because he won't last forever. Make it while you can Chris who cares what you ride, i am sure he will miss his cat though.

H
Nov 29, 2007
Littleton,Colorado
Vohk

Well,you damn well know if Chris is switching that Eric will be too which in my opinion is REALLY HILARIOUS!!He has to ride the Chris Burandt express too.It's just funny that guy was ALL CAT,and nothing else,but you can't lose your bread and butter now can you?Funny didn't see any polaris' in his booth at the Colorado expo.This is too much i'm laughing so hard,Eric will be pushing those polaris' like no tomorrow.I feel sorry for polaris that they have to deal with VOHK now,after a year of him they'll be pulling they're hair out.As for Chris,i've always told my friends if you know how to ride you can ride ANY sled,and i'm sure he will max those polaris' out.I'd take the money and run too.Seeing a VOHK sticker on a polaris will be priceless,hahaaaa.Polaris guys be prepared to get your 500$ "PREFERRED CUSTOMER" DOLLARS READY,cause if you don't buy your sled from him that's what he thinks he worth JUST TO WORK ON YOUR SLED,that's not including the work you want done,not kidding,just preparing you,if it wasn't for Chris's transition this guy would never have Polaris in his shop!!CBexpress choo choo.

Last edited:

Headrush

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
You guys are acting like a bunch of psycho ex-girlfriends.

The guy who rides sleds for living - get over it.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks
I think its great that he swithed to Polaris, now when I go down there too ride with him again, I wont have to ride a cat which I'm not used to. However I sure hope he realizes that everyone of those rental sleds will need a powerclaw or challenger extreme track. Maybe polaris picked him up to help with some product development.

Z

Zone28M7

Sep 28, 2009
Louviers, CO
I literally think my season has changed hearing this when I pull up next to him on Rabbit Ears again and see he's sitting on Po and I'll be on my Cat. He was my guide for building this damn sled!! Haha. Oh well, gotta have love for sledders not just Cat sledders. We're all out to have a good time. Congrats CB, hope to see ya up there!

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
What comes to my mind is this ( does any body really know or can prove which is the best sled out there). Sled "A" my kick sled "B" today in "x" snow condition, But tomarrow sled "B" my kick sled "A" today. Everyone of todays sleds has its up and downs. I would have to agree on the cat, I have yet to get on one that will perform with the other two brands (two stroke sleds) I see the cat running good for other people, or it is betraid that way. So just because Chris is rideing a polaris does not mean it is the best brand, And I ride one. He's doing what is best for him. I ride with all big 4 and there is no one time that just one brand is the best they all have there high lights, and they all have there dark days.

Just my two penny's

K
Feb 11, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
His web page still says his rentals are m8's http://www.burandtsbackcountryadventure.com/03_packages.html

I think all us cat riders enjoyed haveing something as Bad A$$ as Chris connected to our passion for the sport riding the same choice of sled.

I was disapointed to hear Im not going to be seeing all that amazing footage on a cat anymore but its Chris Burandt, he is the Babe Ruth of the sport no matter who he is playing for.

D

DRAFTINGMAN

Jan 9, 2008
X
Ride Chris Ride

Whatever he rides... He will still kick all ours Azzez .... I bet he could outride most of our forum dudes with one hand tied behind his back and
a front A arm broken off..... Enough said!! Ride Chris!!! just Ride! OUT:cool:

Premium Features