• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rev primary clutch bushing fix $185

R
Dec 28, 2007
Eagle, ID
If you have 3,000+ miles on your rev then you have probably toasted your bushing in the primary clutch due to that stupid circlip coming out. Atleast that has been the case with those I ride with (2 clutches dead). I have wasted two clutches myself because of this design flaw.

To the point - Would anyone be interested in resurrecting their clutch for $185 vs. buying a new sliding sheave for $325 retail?

A friend of mine who is a machinist and a sledder has come up with a way to install a new bushing that won't be destroyed from the circlip falling out. I don't have all the details right now, but would like to see how many out there might be interested in the fix and not have to worry about another stupid a$$ circlip. So leave a comment or :beer; and let me know that there is some interest in keeping the TRA III.

Pic of issue:

revclutch.jpg

M

maxwellzx

Oct 16, 2008
WOW looks just like my clutch

that flange is 460$ CAN.

285 on the tra7.

wow isnt that a rip off.

cool idea if he can make it work

R
Dec 28, 2007
Eagle, ID
I see that the TRA 7 sheave is way cheaper like you said, but does it fit a TRA III? It wouldn't make sense that it would be if it is cheaper. I haven't seen one, but the microfiche I looked at shows it with that same circlip design as well.

Premium Features