• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yamha Snowbike!

X
Sep 15, 2008
wow. interesting. looks like something out of Halo or something. i don't think the rear track is wide enough though. unless the swingarm is really wide.

B
Nov 28, 2007
Yamaha is the perfect company to to run with this . Brand recognition is first among 90% of parts which are already in place and on the shelf . It will probable have the phazer power plant which consumers will be upgrading to turbo for the power . Yamaha could do very well with this .

X
Sep 15, 2008
Yamaha is the perfect company to to run with this . Brand recognition is first among 90% of parts which are already in place and on the shelf . It will probable have the phazer power plant which consumers will be upgrading to turbo for the power . Yamaha could do very well with this .

that's a 450 motor. it has a gearbox and shifter. and looks exactly like the 450.

I,ve been hearing rumors for about 4 years that Yamaha has been developing a machine to match (or exceed) the capabilities of the Snow Hawk.
I'm not so sure about the pogo stick on the front, but I guess it worked for quite a few years on the other Yamaha sleds.
I will definatly change the game either way if it goes to production.

That would probably also land a Ski-Doo logo on the hawk...who knows?

O

ozzydog

Dec 17, 2007
imput

It would be nice if some of the snowhawk guys could get with Yamaha on this and give input.
Stance,track width, centrifical clutch, etc.
Then they would have a machine

XtremeSno - XSR patent

IF you read thru the details of this patent (I have) a lot of it is a direct copy from my patent filed 3 years earlier and just recently granted. I contacted them, their patent people are in Irvine CA, and was told not interested we’ll see you in court. This is apparently typical of companies like this – they have people looking around the industry to see what the next opportunity might be and file many patents like this hoping that if it takes off they will have some hold on the technology whether or not it’s their idea
Jim, XtremeSno.com

B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com
IF you read thru the details of this patent (I have) a lot of it is a direct copy from my patent filed 3 years earlier and just recently granted. I contacted them, their patent people are in Irvine CA, and was told not interested we’ll see you in court. This is apparently typical of companies like this – they have people looking around the industry to see what the next opportunity might be and file many patents like this hoping that if it takes off they will have some hold on the technology whether or not it’s their idea
Jim, XtremeSno.com

There are also other potential infringements with SLP, and SnowXcycle.
Banding together sounds like a good idea-

roo

Premium Member
May 12, 2008
sedro woolley WA
xsno come out and play!

Jim, XtremeSno.com

hope you can make hawkfest. when you coming out with your 250? any other projects in the works, maybe a machine to keep up with the sleds hmmmmmmmmmn!! bunch of devoted hawkers ready to pounce on a well built, light, powerful, manueverable machine! good luck and keep us posted.

I posted the below on the “cute one ski” thread. I am certainly trying to find a way to continue. The 250 model is already designed and ready to go – just requires some funding to build and put in production.
I will keep a watch on here to see what’s going on and let you know if we’re making any progress. I would love to put a single ski vehicle into production here in the US. Thanks for the interest and support.

“Snowhawkaddict Great talking to you yesterday. There is no “on the fence” for me - if I had the resources I would surely be at all of these events. Like we discussed, after 4 years of venture capital search we were ready to sign a $3M funding deal in September 08 and it all fell apart with the economic stupidity. After funding this myself, I am now out of anything to continue without some funds to carry on. We have orders for more than 300 vehicles and dealers wanting vehicles worldwide but can’t get the $ to get out of the “one at a time” mode.
I’ve read the comments about bigger and more power and just want to point out that that puts us in the Snow Hawk space and that’s not the intent of my vehicle. Think of the 80cc-100cc pit bikes built for adults- just a bunch of fun and cost effective. That’s the idea for our XSR- and it really works for that purpose and audience. And yea when we get to the 165lb-60HP version that will be great but I need to start someplace.
I will keep after this as best I can with limited to no funds and see if we can do something- Thanks for the support. “

Premium Features