• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ride Reviews of the ALPHA ONE

D
Mar 13, 2014
Not sure about the G4, but Polaris recruited forum members to ride the Axys before it was even released to the public.

In one of the cat videos i watched about the Alpha, Rob Kincaid said something like only 6-8 people have even ridden it. So Rob & Dave, and a handful of magazine guys?

I heard Snowest is riding all of the 2019s around west yellowstone/ island park right now. They seem to be inconsistent with their reviews, I've noticed them praising the T-motion, and I've seen comments complaining about it causing washout. Hopefully we can get some somewhat honest opinions from them soon, at least as a start.

I'll be riding the area Saturday, think they'd let me take it for a spin if i ran into them?

Honest reviews will never happen with sleds, boats, anything.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
lets see, no reviews of a 19 skidoo confirming their belt issues have been solved yet, no release of any mountain sleds from polaris yet... yep F U cat youre so behind...

snoballssnoglory

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2008
Kinda funny cause this demo thing is a fairly recent phenomenon. “Back in the day” there was absolutely no chance you were even gonna see it in person let alone ride one prior to purchase in the snocheck option.
Not defending in any way. Just think it’s interesting to see how OUR expectations have changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
Kinda funny cause this demo thing is a fairly recent phenomenon. “Back in the day” there was absolutely no chance you were even gonna see it in person let alone ride one prior to purchase in the snocheck option.
Not defending in any way. Just think it’s interesting to see how OUR expectations have changed.

Sleds back in the day were half the money and lasted twice as long also.

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
Cat out the bag

Surfing cl last night and looks like western BC has ALPHA 1s
for sale. Maybe just an ad but they had both ALPHA and standard
skid models listed.....

A
May 21, 2011
dealer had a demo 700 pol rmk back in 1998 before snochecking. demoed a early rev and a cat in 2006. Back in the day.:face-icon-small-win

Lifetime Membership
Apr 27, 2002
Spooner, WI 54801
www.4seasons.com
Guys that bash cats since 2012 are in the dark! That chassis works very well! I still am on my 12 and updated the front end, gearing, clutching and later installed a turbo. Compared to the new xm it is still my favorite handling sled out there.

Yes cat had some a few hiccups in 12 but mine never left me stranded yet.

Really looking forward to the new sled.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
and no internet so we walked 10 miles through snow to look at a new sled

Don't forget it was uphill both ways :face-icon-small-sho

Remember when I snowchecked my 07 M8 had never even seen a picture of one but didn't care I wanted a M7 sooooo bad but just refused to own a sled without reverse.

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Agreed, i wonder if we want to ride vefore we buy, because of the cost?

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
Rumor was that at the time of the show there just weren’t that many built to go all in on early release dealer demos. Agreed that with such a “Game Changing” innovation you gotta get it out there for demos if you want people to spring Order. From a marketing standpoint it has certainly accomplished creating a buzz/energy about the brand!

Premium Features