• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What do your Power Valves look like?

AJmhgMatthews

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2014
Redding, California
I've owned this sled for 1 year, and only put maybe 500 miles on it myself. I'm running Royal Purple full synthetic oil, should I change this up?

What do yours look like, and how often do you clean them?

Also, what's the trick to changing out the bellows?

2016-04-13 12.53.22.jpg

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
Looks to me as if the prior owner never cleaned them. As for changing the orange bellow you just need to remove the nut and washer that holds the bellow on. Seafoam and carb cleaner mix and a copper wire brush and clean them shiny. I'm running Amzoil interceptor in my 900 and my valves don't look anything like yours. Them look sticky!! Good luck and have fun.

AJmhgMatthews

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2014
Redding, California
Suuuuper sticky!!! I can't get this Sh!t off my hands! Next time, I'll remember to put my gloves on that I had sitting next to me :face-icon-small-dis

This would explain my loss of power on my last ride! it pooped out and damn near ended up rolling it down the hill!

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
With that much gunk in there I would pull the cylinders and do a thurough cleaning on the ports for the valves and also that way you don't have anything end up in your motor.

Premium Features