• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

UPGRADED ARP BOLTS FOR THE QUICKDRIVE PULLEYS.

RanOutofTalent

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2014
Western Montana
Left a message for Gus on Friday. I am gonna get a pack of each and would happily split them with someone. PM me and once I get them I can send some out

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
they are not, im installing an axys shaft in my pro. i have found that it takes the long bolt same as the top pulley. they are 12x1.25 40mm long

It's a shame you guys didn't catch one of the many posts that listed the exact size of bolts needed for your new sleds.

Last edited:

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
It's a same you guys didn't catch one of the many posts that listed the exact size of bolts needed for your new sleds.

its not the same, 13-15 bolts are 20mm lower and 40 mm upper in length, axys is 40 mm both upper and lower. lower driver shaft on axys isnt threaded all the way out and a 20 mm bolt doesnt event reach the threads

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
its not the same, 13-15 bolts are 20mm lower and 40 mm upper in length, axys is 40 mm both upper and lower. lower driver shaft on axys isnt threaded all the way out and a 20 mm bolt doesnt event reach the threads

Yes. I know. Because I've read all about it.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
very relevant when A. you are installing an axys shaft in your pro, and B. when it is literally in my quote that it was asked about the axys bolts

If you can tell me honestly that you have already read all about them being the same size bolt in the axys section. I will send you a "im sorry". Pm.

But from the way you worded you first post, it sounded like you may have ordered the wrong ones first and then had to get the correct size..........

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
If you can tell me honestly that you have already read all about them being the same size bolt in the axys section. I will send you a "im sorry". Pm.

But from the way you worded you first post, it sounded like you may have ordered the wrong ones first and then had to get the correct size..........

no i hadnt ordered anything yet, i noticed my '14 bolts wont work because one of my bolts is too short, came on here searching around, found my answer, noticed there was an unanswered question. so i answered it. i dont need an "im sorry" from you just mind your business

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
no i hadnt ordered anything yet, i noticed my '14 bolts wont work because one of my bolts is too short, came on here searching around, found my answer, noticed there was an unanswered question. so i answered it. i dont need an "im sorry" from you just mind your business

Mind my business on a public forum!? Ha! I think not. Glad your finding info and helping out. Keep up the good work!!

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Life is good.... Pray for snow...

IMO... upgrade the bolt... No it won't solve all issues... but it may help to stave off some.
The ARP bolts will be tougher than anything you can buy at an industrial fastener supply.

Clean the old locktite from the threads in the shaft (get a cheap 10mm-1.25 tap at the hardware store)... clean the threads with brake cleaner in/out and let dry...use plenty of blue loctite... If your splines are really loose like some have observed... do something about it.

EDIT: I no longer recommend the NordLock washers on the driveshaft...

Here's what I'm going with.

Clean the bolt with brake cleaner... even if new... clean the threads in the shafts with a tap (cheap at your local hardware store)... and blow out with brake cleaner... Let dry and then apply liberal amounts of the blue liquid loctite.

While none of the ones that I've installed them on have loosened... I feel that clean, oil free, threads with liberal blue locktite liquid is the best.

Last edited:
Premium Features