• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro Running Boards

H

hoov165x

Apr 12, 2009
Bend, OR
Does anyone else think the running boards are just a little too grippy? I'm going to blow a knee on these things. I want to stick when I want to stick, but I also need to move too.

Anyone take a file and knock off a little sharpness?

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
I have heard of people doing that, especially to the outer edge.

I just put on a set of 13 boards on my 11, i may file them down a little too.

rmkrazy87

Premium Member
Oct 29, 2014
Minnesota
I am putting a set on my 12 tomorrow. I took a small file and knocked down all the sharp edges. They really deburr nothing after machining the openings on these boards. I think it may help for just grazing a pant leg across them but if I were to really take one with some force on my pants I do not think the deburring will make much difference.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
2013 2014 PRO RMK

I sure like mine the way they are. I lost my footing on my 2009 Dragon and hit my head hard. Detached retina. Never again, even if I wear out a pair of boots every year ( which I have not) it's worth it!:face-icon-small-con

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I had mine powdercoated last year and I think that they now have the perfect amount of grip and don't have as much of a chance on ripping my pants on them.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Love the grip, but the paints already starting to wear off on the sharp points after 100 miles on my 15 LE

Powdercoat them, I have @ 700 miles on my 14, @ 1,000 miles on my 13 after coating them. The only issue I have is on the lower side on one from scraping a rock.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
They do take a little getting used to, know today I fell off the sled because I was trying to spin my foot on the boards and they didn't let my foot pivot. After years of crappy a$$ed boards I'm more than willing to have them stick!!! Best stock boards ever by far.

H

hoov165x

Apr 12, 2009
Bend, OR
They do take a little getting used to, know today I fell off the sled because I was trying to spin my foot on the boards and they didn't let my foot pivot. After years of crappy a$$ed boards I'm more than willing to have them stick!!! Best stock boards ever by far.

My experience as well. I have always used an aftermarket board that has a good combo of stick and release. I don't like the way these things load my knees when I pivot. I also feel they limit mobility somewhat when the gymnastics session starts. I think an hour with a fine file will make them perfect.

Premium Features