• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Info: Snow X Fix Kit

Leftys

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2010
Idaho
For those of you who are like myself that will not run Forged Pistons in a two cycle engine here is the only Fix Kit that I have heard of with Cast Pistons. The Pistons look like they are of good quality. They are coated and look strong structurally. There are lubrication holes drilled in the pistons on the intake and exhaust side of the piston. It uses RIK piston rings, which is one of the largest ring manufacturers in the world. They are a very good quality ring. The piston also comes with the piston pin bearing (bonus). The kit comes with a cylinder spacer and two base gaskets. The longer flanged head cylinder bolts are a 10.9 strength which is equivalent to a grade 8 SAE bolt. I will post info when I install the kit to see how well it fits with piston to cylinder clearances later. I have recently had shoulder surgery so it may be a little bit, but it will happen. By initial appearance, my impression is good with the quality of how this kit looks.

IMG_0887.jpg IMG_0888.jpg IMG_0889.jpg IMG_0890.jpg IMG_0891.jpg

M
Nov 27, 2007
manitoba, Canada
I in no way mean this as a bash to any fix kit. As the issue is up in the air if you ask me whether a fix is required on the late models. BUT if your competitors are building and selling product and you are not. You are losing potential business. Hence the reason for 15 different kits on the market

V
Nov 26, 2007
Like the OP I have little to no interest in forged pistons. Snow X sells just the shim and bolt kit as well. Has anyone put in 800 Cat OEM pistons? These are cast as well and I have to believe Suzuki OEM quality would be hard to beat. Overall cost may be a tad higher but not out of line.

Premium Features