• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

No More Extremy Awards?

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
What is extreme any more? I mean it seems like every crack that has snow in it has been climbed or will be. use to be we thought thats impossible but not any more the 2 and 4 stroke turbos go just about any where they want. use to be just a few doing it now theres all kinds of people doing it jumps ,tail whips Drops all the same. Some one shows a picture and people are on the hunt to get it done first.(to put a name on it) i'm not saying it's not above what others are doing but is all this still considered extreme? Where is the next extreme in sledding going to come from? you know something that you do not see all the time and that it seems like only a couple of people are doing. And oh why not make up your own extremey award to give out?

Last edited:
P
Oct 13, 2009
Castlegar, BC
Ooops, I accidentally posted as RideGuy :face-icon-small-ton

I was thinking that exact same thing... We need to start something new. Maybe a Wipe-Out type chute-climbing challenge to make it more challenging. I can picture the Big Balls rolling down the chute now :face-icon-small-win

In all seriousness though, even the "practice" chutes have consequences, and shouldn't be taken lightly. There are still people out there pushing their machines and risking their bodies to amazing new heights! Saw some unbelievable first ascents this year.

And yes, there are some amazing women riders out there who are deserving of being acknowledged. The reason I found out about the Extremies being cancelled is because I was going to recommend a very deserving GF of mine that topped the Monster earlier this year :heart:

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
I do not want any one to take what i said in a bad way at all. I was just saying it is more main stream these days. And certainly there are people that it is very extreme to them still.Maybe set up some pins at the bottom For those balls:face-icon-small-win

C
Feb 2, 2010
kootenays, bc
I do not want any one to take what i said in a bad way at all. I was just saying it is more main stream these days. And certainly there are people that it is very extreme to them still.Maybe set up some pins at the bottom For those balls:face-icon-small-win

you should check the slednecks 14 trailer out.....they are going WAY bigger then even last year. sure its they've been doing drops, launches, whips etc. for quite sometime now....but these guys are going BIG!!!!!
and im pretty sure they got a full on hill climb segment this year, should give you old boys something to look forward too!!!!!

T

~TriplePink~

Mar 24, 2009
Ooops, I accidentally posted as RideGuy :face-icon-small-ton

I was thinking that exact same thing... We need to start something new. Maybe a Wipe-Out type chute-climbing challenge to make it more challenging. I can picture the Big Balls rolling down the chute now :face-icon-small-win

In all seriousness though, even the "practice" chutes have consequences, and shouldn't be taken lightly. There are still people out there pushing their machines and risking their bodies to amazing new heights! Saw some unbelievable first ascents this year.

And yes, there are some amazing women riders out there who are deserving of being acknowledged. The reason I found out about the Extremies being cancelled is because I was going to recommend a very deserving GF of mine that topped the Monster earlier this year :heart:

Aww thanks friend!!! :heart: So glad to find a partner in crime! I am so proud of how you pushed yourself and your twisted kitty! Your attempts at Monster prove how "extreme" you are as well for there are MANY men that sit at the bottom and will never even try it and for you to try it twice and get where you have been is awesome.. like I said third time is a charm! As for the riding not being extreme enough..hmmm :face-icon-small-con its extreme enough for me when you have a 700lb sled 10 ft in the air coming down at you haha.. Not sure how much more I will ever wanna push my limits, every chute we climb is flirting with disaster.. just because we have big hp doesnt mean your going to make every climb, things go wrong very quickly! So call it main stream, for everyone pushing their own limits we all know theres nothing mainstream about it!! :face-icon-small-win

Premium Features