• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Billet throttle bodie boot

P

product tester

Nov 27, 2007
I now have billet boots for dragons no more tears :face-icon-small-hap
If you are interested pm me so I have an Idea how many to build.

BackCountryBasics

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho
www.backcountrybasics.com
Here is the picture:

testpics007.jpg

K

Kestrel2126

Nov 17, 2009
Grand Jct, CO
Looks good. I assume from looking at the pic, that the throttle body slides into the recess on the mouth of the "boot" (i.e. not using a rubber adapter and clamps). Is there a o-ring seal or any means for sealing the two parts? Also are the throttle bodies held in place by being sandwiched between the boot and the airbox, or is there some other means of holding them to the boot?

P

product tester

Nov 27, 2007
Depending on what kit you have will chang how they are attached on my kit they bolt from the air box the the billet boot on other kits they will clamp to the throttle bodies to the boot they are o ringed and do seal very well and it is not metal to metal. I really didnt want a pic of how we O ringed it as that is what makes it possible.

tree climber

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
sioux falls sd
im interested.... cant quite get my head around how it works. somebody needs to install one and post pics so i can see how it goes from the box to the throttle bodies.. im sick of blowing my boots out

J
Dec 18, 2009
Salt lake City
Will that work on a 08 700? Those are ment to bolt between the reeds and the throttle bodies correct? So far i've only had a problem blowing them off from the charge box to the throttle bodies.

P

product tester

Nov 27, 2007
It will work on any kit . or a stocker. I now have them in stock and ready to ship 801 668 6344 shain

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Shain,

Post up an installed photo of this part so that people can see what it is that you are selling.. you don't need to show your proprietary o-ring... but showing the adapter with the a throttle body mounted to it ON the engine... preferably with the fuel tank removed and NO airbox or Charge-adapter would be best.

I'm sure you have a motor on the bench and a spare throttle body :face-icon-small-win

It it great to see new innovation in products, but having a lack of information or and pics doesn't really get the great products into the hands of those that need them.

Question 1: Will you post up a good installed pic for us?

Question 2: Does this aluminum adapter rely on the thin O-ring built into the stock reed cages to seal them to your billet adapter "boot" OR does it have some supplemental gasket or other seal?

For the BD guys with the mini inter-cooler, IMO, the cooler itself will need to be re-mounted in a way that does not attach it to the bulkhead... with this new aluminum boot, there will be no flex in the boot as the engine flexes in the mounts... the only place for it to move would be at the throttle body-to-adapter junction which could cause problems. other setups like the standard or race gas BD kits or OVS or others that use one of Val Simmons trick little airboxes or similar setups probably will not have this concern.

Keep the good products coming... they all make our lives as sledders a better place!

Last edited:
P

product tester

Nov 27, 2007
question 1 Im not going to tear my sled apart right now to get pics as the snow is way to good.
they seal to the reed cages just like stock ones.

Premium Features