• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

looking for cad file

tree climber

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
sioux falls sd
or a drawing file for the throttle body boot plate. i just dont feel like taking the time to draw it up myself. but i will if nobody is willing to part with a drawing file that i can cut out on out plasma table

thanks
mike

P

POLARIS600cc

Nov 27, 2007
MN
if you only plan on making one, it would be much cheaper and less time consuming just to buy one. If you plan on making a bunch and sell them, design your own.

tree climber

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
sioux falls sd
really is cheaper for me i have access to lots and lots of scrap material of just about and grade i want. and would take less than a minute on the plasma table. if i didnt have to draw one up. thats why i was wondering if anybody had a cad file so i wouldnt have to spend the time to draw it myself. i already have other parts i need to draw up and cut but the drawing is the part that takes the time in this process so wanted to eliminate as much as possible

P

POLARIS600cc

Nov 27, 2007
MN
really is cheaper for me i have access to lots and lots of scrap material of just about and grade i want. and would take less than a minute on the plasma table. if i didnt have to draw one up. thats why i was wondering if anybody had a cad file so i wouldnt have to spend the time to draw it myself. i already have other parts i need to draw up and cut but the drawing is the part that takes the time in this process so wanted to eliminate as much as possible

Would .dxf work for you? Just paypal me $500 to polaris_600cc@hotmail.com and put your email address in the "note" and I'll send it right over to you. Otherwise draw your own, or the best choice....buy one from vendor of this site. I reccomend silber.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Here is the more polite answer.

I don't know of anyone that has done these on there own as a hobby project.

I believe that if someone went to the effort of generating a cad file, they would have done this in order to manufacture the parts for sale and would be reluctant to give the file away.

As you said..

but the drawing is the part that takes the time in this process

A sincere "good luck" with your project.. let us know how it goes.

P

POLARIS600cc

Nov 27, 2007
MN
Here is the more polite answer.

I replied nicely the first time, and apparently didn't get my point across. Hoping my second response hit home.

Treeclimber, if you want to build your own, thats great. but that means take the time to draw it yourself as well.

My offer of $500 for my design is still on the table:face-icon-small-hap

Y
Sep 6, 2008
WORLD
www.brani.org
we have a flow jet in the company, our tech draw the plate in 10minutes (he took the OEM, copy it, make some changes at the edges and size it correct to the rubber stuff. and it took exactly 170sec on the flow jet to make it (3mm aluminum)

but trust me, buy one from BD, Silber, CodeRed or ......
those people help us a lot in the community here to solve a lot of problems.

so the best way to support those guys is to buy some of the products they sell!

Premium Features