• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 M series

S

schmeric

Nov 28, 2007
The 2011 cats will be good sleds because they are the same as the 2010s. I have a 2010 m8 and that thing makes the old m8s look like 600s. The problem is the 2011 sleds are the exact same as the 2010 sleds. They could have taken over the mountain market with a new fresh look.

G

ghost rider

Dec 1, 2007
New Cats

The M chassis is definitly a great chassis, but a well clutched M8 to well clutched doo, the doo will always get the highmark, atleast from all the 10
M8s I have seen this year. But the M is far superior in overall boondocking and sidehilling and is a fair trail sled at best. BUT, add some twisted flavor to the mix and now you have a sled to write home about! Find a used M chassis for $4500ish call Shain and put on the RG turbo and you are at $10500 and you have the extra $1000 to $1500 leftover for all next seasons Race Gas. Problem Solved!

S

squeaks87

Nov 16, 2008
Flatlander
more pics?

For those that were waiting well don't wait any longer.
here is what has changed. Price increase over 300 in cost

M8 HO LE 11,999
M8 HCR 12,299
M8 SP 153 11599
M8 SP 162 11899

Le is Sublime with all sorts of goodies.like Ice scratchers , Hand guards and storage bag, goggle bag and comes with a Avalanche Kit when snow checked.

attachment.php

Shovel,Avalanche Air bag pack, and probes it don't say beacon but I think it does.

HCR 153 with longer tunnel and rear wheel enforcements.

have any more pics of the LE? I was waiting to snowcheck a 2011, but after seeing the new green, I'm not exactly rushing out the door, although they have grown on me maybe a little bit. No doubt this thing will be a ripsaw'n sob, it just makes it easier spending $12k ifyou look good doing it...

Yamaha24

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2007
So it's the best sled on snow and everyone is complaining because they did simple refinements to the chassis to make it better?

Yes, the chassis has been around in some form since 05 but it has changed every year and riding an 05 compared to a 2010 is night and day.

Wake up and smell the roses guys. This lineup is proven, and the small refinements they made will only make it better.

Still is one of the ugliest sleds I have ever seen, I will have a hard time holding my laughter in if I happen to see one on the mountains next year.....:face-icon-small-con

Oh for the record I am a cat rider I currently own my 7th m series, but come on this is really starting to get embarassing...... and NO I will not be selling my 2010 snow checked turbo,,,:face-icon-small-hap

R
Jan 21, 2008
Montana
new "mountain" crossfire 8 LE LTD -other changes

There will be a new "mountain" crossfire 8 LE LTD- wider stance 42-44 (just like the HCR), M-series seat instead of the longer crossfire stock seat, different gearing than the standard crossfire (will be the same or similiar to the M8's for clutching and gearing for riding in the mountains), will have a 141 80 durometer track with the 2.25 inch power claw track. Good sled for someone who plays in the snow but rides the trails too.

The HCR tunnel is now extended in 2011-

The standard M8's are now in black instead of green and have a coil over rear suspension.

The 800 HO motor is still pushing 164 hp....and even with the lightened crank from last year.....no crank issues!

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
Honestly this is the first year since the change from 05 to 06 that just the decals changed.

07 brought the M8 and M1000
08 brought a new rear skid and running boards
09 brought much improved extension/boards/electronic reverse
10 brought a bunch more power to the M8

Really can't complain.

Doo and Polaris did nothing last year. Then Doo has a revised front suspension this year and Polaris has a new chassis.

O, and Yamaha did get power steering this year!:)

messickzr

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Iowa
Honestly this is the first year since the change from 05 to 06 that just the decals changed.

07 brought the M8 and M1000
08 brought a new rear skid and running boards
09 brought much improved extension/boards/electronic reverse
10 brought a bunch more power to the M8

Really can't complain.

Doo and Polaris did nothing last year. Then Doo has a revised front suspension this year and Polaris has a new chassis.

O, and Yamaha did get power steering this year!:)

I had the chance to ride both an 07 and 10 M8 this past week. Major differences and major improvements from 07 to 10. Totally different feel and performance between the two. I am either going to trade the 07 for an 11 or perhaps try to find a left over 10 (which is getting harder to do if you want a SP) or maybe look for a slightly used 10.

H

hammo

Jan 18, 2008
I was in Vegas for the dealer show and I think the LE color is super nice. If it were blk, eveyone would want white!! It is pretty tiring listening to all the whiners on this site. Honestly, if anyone here purchases a sled based on color then they are not sledders, they fashion consultants. Cat owners should be stoked that their sleds are the best mountain sled on the market and the M Series out sold all other mountain sleds this year. Also, the bonus of the lime green is that everyone can see you at the top of the hill! Happy sledding

S

schmeric

Nov 28, 2007
What color is your car? I like my pickup but there is no way I would have bought it if it was lime green. Cats are no doubt great sleds but that sled looks stupid.

S

snowww1

Nov 26, 2007
Preseason order any 2011 Arctic Cat M series sled and get a free BCA Float 30 avalanche airbag pack+ BCA Tour shovel+ BCA Profile 240 probe. Go to www.arctic-cat.com for details.

This is a great deal! The pack will retail for $699.00 next year. This is a very proactive step by Arctic Cat to get riders properly equipped.

I thought the color was great. You have to see it in person.

Premium Features