• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

02 800 Front Cooler Q's. leaking coolant too.

T
Jun 27, 2008
Bend, Oregon
We think the front cooler is leaking. It looks like it's welded on, we want to remove it to inspect it, do you just have to drill out the rivets or is it welded? No coolant is leaking in the engine bay, just under the sled. It leaks fast, any ideas where it's coming from?

Here's a pic...

sleding winter 09-10 205.jpg

S
Nov 26, 2007
ND
it shouldn't be welded to the sled, not from the factory anyways. should just drill out the rivets and pull off the coolant hoses, that is how mine was. lots of work but if coolant is coming out in the middle of the of the sled like that it is a likely cause

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
It is just rivited in. I think that you will need to pull the drive shaft to get it out. Maybe you will see the leak by just pulling the shaft.

H

highmarkedu

Nov 27, 2007
MT
Twostroke if you dont want to fix/replace front cooler just toss it in the GARBAGE and get your self a u cooler. I know lots of people hate ditchin the front cooler and will say not to but i threw mine out and replaced with u cooler under tunnel. It gives you more clearance for snow evacuation,bigger track etc. Just a thought, as a used u cooler can be picked up cheap in the swapmeet i run a fully modded 800 edge motor with only a u cooler(not double pass either) and havent seen temps above 130 sorry to ramble:face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features