• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Belt Blower - Opinions needed ASAP!!!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I have two separated, taking it in for warranty.
I'm thinking about one of the new "team tied driven clutches", looks sweet. theres a article in snowtech mag about them. I think it will be huge in the 1000 and will make the 60/60 gearing not so bad. Slp has them on the web site but no prices yet, snowtech say $433 and you can get any helix you would want cut by team for $109

waiting to see about setups though,

Are they making one to fit the Diamond drive??

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
That would be nice to have an alternative to the DD secondary, I think it's a terrible design, there are NO reasonably priced options out there.
Someone on here with the knowledge and equipment need to build a DD input shaft that will accept the Polaris/old cat roller/Team secondaries!!!

S
Nov 26, 2007
Building a gear and shaft would be the easy part. Moving the motor over 2 inches in the chassis would be the hard part. The hub on the older style secondaries is not built right to fit over the DD housing.:beer;

AaronBND

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2005
Cascade Mnts, OR.
WOW................I have been reading this thread for almost 2 hours and have basically come to the conclusion that nobody has any solid answers. 285 posts with about 200 different opinions. Has anyone found a fix to this yet?

Aaron

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
I "had" same issue Mr. gear that b i t c h down!!! I went from 60/60 to 56/64 and rode it as hard as I could the other day on a new belt and didnt pull any threads!!! As soon as you add mods to these things and start to harness some torque the belts are spinnin in to high of a gear its like startin out in 3rd in yer truck. Ive been paying attetion for a yr now to what everyone is saying, I did the shim in shim out BS and still burnt up 9 belts in 750 miles last year.

S
Jan 13, 2009
kelso washington
brew

That would be nice to have an alternative to the DD secondary, I think it's a terrible design, there are NO reasonably priced options out there.
Someone on here with the knowledge and equipment need to build a DD input shaft that will accept the Polaris/old cat roller/Team secondaries!!!

i ride with 6 guys with your shizbot thaat stil hav probblimoz all the time,fuk they rode out on 020's

Last edited:
Premium Features