• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Have a squeal in my 07 Rev

ArcticDoo2

Premium Member
Dec 20, 2007
Eastern SD
Hey guys, I just bought an 07 Rev 800. I started it up the other day and there's a squealing/squeaking noise on the clutch side. It seems like if you rev the engine up a little bit it either goes away or is covered by other sounds... I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar noise with their 07 and if it's just a dirty clutch or if it's some kind of bearing or what you guys think could be going on.

Thanks for any help or tips :)

x-5

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Park City mt
Your belt isnt to tight is it? I have an 07 and have never hurd what your talkn about from the clutchs.

C
Jan 26, 2002
Alaska
X2....Your belt is probably too tight. If you lift the track up I bet your track starts spinning pretty fast. The squeal is most likely from the primary rubbing your belt due to the lack of free play.....

M
Dec 11, 2008
I found also on my sled that if I ran a ultimax XS belt (803) it would squeel a little at low RPM, but when I ran with the 377 belt never heard a thing. I had the belt deflection adjusted just enough for the track to turn while at idle.

Premium Features