• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP MOHAWK vrs POWDER PRO

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
Just picked up the new MOHAWK ski from SLP 1st note there about a pound lighter,length is the same both have wings for lift in pow .
2ed the MOHAWK has the SLT bottom and keel design , the idea is better
tracking on the way up to the powder and better set up snow performance . Both skis are 7.250 wide the bottom on the PRO is 4.5 in and the MOHAWK is 6 inches .
The blue ski is the PRO it has 4 years on it .
Another difference is the ski loop the MOHAWK loop is H shaped making it softer and spring like ,and for a better comparison im using HARD WELD skags
on the MOHAWKS as well .
Well thats it for now Hope to get on the snow tomorrow and test them out..
more to follow...

DSCN0590.jpg DSCN0591.jpg DSCN0592.jpg DSCN0593.jpg DSCN0594.jpg DSCN0595.jpg

Last edited:

slash

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
the MOHAWK is a SLT with POWDER PRO wings and a little wider bottom I think it will keep me from changing back in forth from PP to SLT.
I dident make it out over the weekend but might get out wed for a short ride

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
please post back with comparison results.
i have pp now and am looking at mohawks and c&a bx
thx

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Kind of looks like a hybrid utilizing the old Tri-Keel design too. Hope they work well. I just put SLT's on the wife's 600 but haven't gotten them out yet.

slash

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
Well the Powder pro has met its match but so has the SLT ,I think the PRO carves a little very little bit better in pow ,the MOHAWK has a little more lift and is way better on the trail. The snow was very soft up high pit deep ( im 6'4") side hilling was easy as long as you turn out otherwise they will turn up hill .On the trail they go where you want dont rut hunt easy to move from side to side on the trail ,turn like the SLT dont grab as in less aggressive than the Powder Pro but hold there line great...on a scale of 1 to 10 I have to give them a solid 10....oh my Powder Pros are for sale..

slash

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
Well Saturdays ride was great snow varied from fresh fast groom to20+ inches of pow . The Mohawk is my ski of choice worked great in all conditions even had to use the traction edge as I hit a hole that bounced me off the track on a turn out and getting the up hill ski down and getting it around the tree was necessary to stop a nakid sled roll away and tumble.
Thanks to the guys at SLP for a great ski

2Thetopp

Lifetime Membership
So I'll chime in with my opinion, have had the Powder pro's on my 02 Summit, they were alright for that sled, to aggressive for the XP.
Had the Slt's on my 08 XP liked them, although being narrow they tend to dive in the real deep snow. Tried the Ds 2's on my 14XM, didn't care for them at all, they were at times scary. Finally got out on the Mohawks on hard packed trails down low, to a little over a foot of new up high and after a little shock adjustment, I have to say the best ski I've ever used. Worked great on the trail, flotation in the fluff, instantly built confidence, and I could trust them to react when turning, which I never had with the stock ski's. Glad to say, they are worth the somewhat high price I paid for them. :thumb::thumb:

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
So I'll chime in with my opinion, have had the Powder pro's on my 02 Summit, they were alright for that sled, to aggressive for the XP.
Had the Slt's on my 08 XP liked them, although being narrow they tend to dive in the real deep snow. Tried the Ds 2's on my 14XM, didn't care for them at all, they were at times scary. Finally got out on the Mohawks on hard packed trails down low, to a little over a foot of new up high and after a little shock adjustment, I have to say the best ski I've ever used. Worked great on the trail, flotation in the fluff, instantly built confidence, and I could trust them to react when turning, which I never had with the stock ski's. Glad to say, they are worth the somewhat high price I paid for them. :thumb::thumb:

I agree Mohawks were precision steering, You could toss sled on an edge right near a tree and know the sled will react quickly.I had mounted with ski aft, now trying ski forward.they are $$however we dont sled to save money!

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I think you'll like them in the forward setting, less steering effort, and less kickback while sidehilling or doing donuts.

yes I already notice the less steering effort at shop yard.That is my only downside, was heavier arm pump than the grippers. Cant wait to geter out! They have GREAT control!

Premium Features