• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

We are dog lovers!

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
It's quite obvious from past threads that many (likely most) snowmobilers are also dog lovers.

I also love dogs. The dogs we have had have been considered family members.

I would like to ask each and every one of you to strongly consider adopting your next pet from an animal shelter.

I understand that there are many reputable good breeders out there, but when you adopt from a shelter or from an owner who can no longer take care the pet, you are truly giving this pet another chance at life.
That is a feeling that is indescribable.

In short, please, please consider saving an animal from a shelter.
If you cannot, then please donate to a shelter to help them continue the good work they do.

Thanks!

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
I agree, I've seen a lot of dogs in shelters whose owners were elderly people whom have past away and the dogs end up in shelters. I hope everyone considers adoption.

Donations are great to, a lot of rescue shelters are non profit, volunteer and struggling to stay open.

M

m8braaaap

Banned
Dec 3, 2012
mancos colorado
It's quite obvious from past threads that many (likely most) snowmobilers are also dog lovers.

I also love dogs. The dogs we have had have been considered family members.

I would like to ask each and every one of you to strongly consider adopting your next pet from an animal shelter.

I understand that there are many reputable good breeders out there, but when you adopt from a shelter or from an owner who can no longer take care the pet, you are truly giving this pet another chance at life.
That is a feeling that is indescribable.

In short, please, please consider saving an animal from a shelter.
If you cannot, then please donate to a shelter to help them continue the good work they do.

Thanks!
ha!!i wouldve never thought mafesto was a animal lover after reading your post about the gas thieves.lol! im trying to get a buddy whos out of town alot to give me his dog but he wont budge.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Totally agree....we just adopted our sheppard/collie pup from a (no kill) shelter a few months ago and wouldn't have it any other way. To go "buy" a dog when there are so many great ones who could use a good home is the sh1ts IMO.

trikerider

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Ellensburg Wa
Really like tri-color collies and shelties but when ever my mother or mother in law need a new pup we always go to the shelter. Never had any trouble with them.

We have wind farms.

Image0003.jpg

Monty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wet Coast
Rescued this girl from the pound, she was pretty much on deathrow been there for 6 month's, ended up being the best dog I ever had, protective of my girls, loyal,had her 11 years, she passed away almost a year ago, still miss her dearly, christ I still almost tear up talking about her.
I will rescue another, but they will a tough time matching up to her

IMG_1378_zps598c5e91.jpg

Last edited:

rockdog2112

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2008
Cheyenne,Wy USA
This is Rudy. Rescued from a kill shelter in Emporia Kansas. My and my buddy flew his single engine Cessna down in January of 06. He has a shattered hip and a pellet slug in him. $1500 later, he still has the slug but his little hip is good to go. Rat terrier Jack Russell mix. He was on death row. A few days from his final one. He definitely knows. Stuck to me like glue.

2011-09-24_21-50-36_18.jpg

I pushed his lips up on his teeth and got this shot. Poor dog.

IMG_20110404_151147.jpg

Last edited:

rockdog2112

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2008
Cheyenne,Wy USA
Yay Yay is our Fox Terrier. He came from the pound here at about 12 weeks old. He's about 7 now.

1298695124431.jpg

Barney was the red Aussy below him. We rescued him from the back yard of a house where the people moved and left him. Scumbags. He had been there a week with no food and water. I had him for 12 years. Best dog ever. Also stuck to me like glue. They know. Yay walked around the house for months looking for Barney after he died. We wimpered and cried and walked up and down the hallways. Broke our heart. They were pals.

barndog.jpg

Last edited:

rockdog2112

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2008
Cheyenne,Wy USA
Aspen came after Barney. Another pound dog. She was 7 years old and her owners decided they didn't want an "old" dog so they dropped her off. More scumbags. She is 11 now and doing great we love her and she'll die with us. Yay Yay loves her too.

YayandAspen.jpg

PB270035.jpg

Last edited:

rockdog2112

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2008
Cheyenne,Wy USA
This is Tuff Stuff. My wife found him walking down our dirt road heading to the highway. He never left. That will be 11 years this May. No matter how many days I spend with this dog, it won't be enough. He's in trouble here for making a trip to the litter box.

grouchy.jpg

Boat rides rock!

Boattuff.jpg

rockdog2112

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2008
Cheyenne,Wy USA
Pile O' dogs.

That's our little Rat Terrier laying on Tuff. Her name is Her Majesty Princess Little Bitty Boo Boo. ( I know). Another pound dog. She's 11 or 12.

Grumpy.jpg

3dogs.jpg

PC010062.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features