• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018-2019 Island Park / West Yellowstone Snow Reports

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
I like toward the end of the season to go on a ride where the snow is crusty, it's a warm day, maybe the parking lot is bare. It helps me to cope with the fact the season is over. Yesterday was not it. Up high 18 inches to 2 ft of untouched fresh. Stopped and measured depth. 11 ft. Crazy over the hood snow all day. Best ride i have been on in several years.

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
yeah, I was goofing around below Sawtelle, good snow, but this time of year timing is everything... set's up fast. Tagged a tree coming out, sore ribs today, might be out of the saddle for a bit

zecow224

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2018
Wisconsin
Went out out to IP for the first time this past week, Wednesday to Friday was alright but Saturday was awesome. Fresh snow and most of the spots we hit were untouched. Even stopped out at elk lake lodge one of the days and what a cool place that is. Looks like I will be making one or two trips back next winter, time to gear up for the UP.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Spent the day up in IP taking a Never-Ever on his first ride.

Weather was STUNNING, Blue Bird Sky with No wind. And by far and away most of the upper areas were totally untracked. Rode in 4-6” powder most of the time with occasional spots of 9-12” in more protected areas. All in all a great day’s ride.

a5884b25fb06edab77e3838edfd2d393.jpg

467349106efb607347d4be23a0956268.jpg

1fd20454e84854b6638cf56241f59b3e.jpg

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Yeah, good conditions to take a noob out, pretty hard to stick one in that. Grooming will probably cease pretty soon, usually they stop after the Yellowstone show. I got diagnosed with a cracked rib, and pneumonia from a partial collapse of a lung. Broken ribs suck, man enough to say I was dam near in tears trying to roll out of bed the past couple of days :face-icon-small-sho

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Yeah, good conditions to take a noob out, pretty hard to stick one in that. Grooming will probably cease pretty soon, usually they stop after the Yellowstone show.

Ya, the conditions were PERFECT for an Intro Ride. Just couldn't have asked for better for him.

Does it really end so soon?
Shame
This is going to be an OUTSTANDING SPRING RIDING season.
But access will be a freaking BEAR once grooming comes to an end.

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Lost my footing climbing out of a creek bed (Yale creek), got pinned between a tree and my sled. That Creek gets me every year :face-icon-small-fro Fractured rib and a little bout with pneumonia from a partially collapsed lung, but on the bright side the sleds Ok :face-icon-small-win I'll be up and running in a few weeks, I never miss riding on my birthday (1st week of May). Last year my last ride was May 18th, this year I'm gonna try for memorial day

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Lost my footing climbing out of a creek bed (Yale creek), got pinned between a tree and my sled. That Creek gets me every year :face-icon-small-fro Fractured rib and a little bout with pneumonia from a partially collapsed lung, but on the bright side the sleds Ok :face-icon-small-win I'll be up and running in a few weeks, I never miss riding on my birthday (1st week of May). Last year my last ride was May 18th, this year I'm gonna try for memorial day
Glad to hear you are on the mend.!

Best I have done is May 15th in IP so far.
If I had a sled deck I could push it further, but it becomes to long of a dry ride to get from the trailer to the snow without melting the sled.

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Yeah, they groomed past my house today. With low traffic this time of year, even after they stop grooming most of the trails hold up pretty well, with the exception of the runs up to Black Canyon, and Stamp Meadows... You'll be fine

Tuffy66

Premium Member
Nov 12, 2008
North Dakota
We are riding tomorrow. Where’s the good snow? Any good places to go? Riding out of island park north end. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Premium Features