• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'07 m1000 clutch alignment

H
clutch alignment

Your dealer should take care of this. My 1000 ate belts last year, dealer checked and corrected alignment, even replaced belts.

they tried 3 times I finally bought the tool myself, thought I had it but still blew another and I want to make sure I'm using the tool right. I use to get 1000-1500 miles on a belt on my 900, now I'm lucky to get 200-300 miles a belt.

R
Nov 29, 2007
alignment

If you have the Cat alignment tool it goes on the outside of the secondary sheave and should JUST slide by the inside primary sheave. you need the 1.655 offset tool..............

H

homeycat

Dec 6, 2007
im getting 2 rides on a belt been to dealer twice for alignment,and they wont warranty them! trying a different shop friday. so much for having a new sled with a warranty!

Team Pigeon

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2006
Pass Creek, BC.
Black pen....

draw lines on both faces of both clutches to see where they srub. do a little low speed pull, take notes. REmark. Do another higher speed pull, take more notes. Remark, do a WOT pull. The marks should change a bit depending where the belt is sitting, you'll be able to see which side is riding harder. Make an adjustment.

markoo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Southern Alberta
You can align your clutches all you want but if your motor is moving you will blow belts. On my 07 m1000 I added an extra motor mount and a torque stop and put in the RKTEK secondary clutch kit and I can drive all winter on one 046 belt.

Premium Features