• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

GGB Mountain can Exhaust note

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Received my GGB Mountain can in the mail the other day. finally got around to putting in on tonight and took for a rip in the field around the house. I have to say I was a little worried that it may be too loud for me but took my chances. In one word to describe the exhaust note PERFECT. Absolutely love the sound of this can. Nice deep rumble at idle and slow cruising then grab and handful and the sled comes alive. Loud enough to be heard but quiet enough I doubt anyone would complain and the sound is amazing not tinny like some cans

Z

zr900turbo

Sep 21, 2009
i also have the GGB mountain can, really nice sound :) BUT if you let a buddy of yours ride your sled when you listen its a different story :) reeaaallly loud

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
www.outdoorsupplyonline.com
I've got both in stock. Plan on trying both out on my RMK this weekend to decide on which one I want to slap on for good, in the shop I don't hear a big difference between the trail can and the stock can, but they say once the power valves open you can hear a nice modified type tone to it. The MTN can definitely has a "beefier" sound to it and the daughter says "that's it, leave it on". I like a louder than stock sound, but not so loud it's obnoxious, I think that comes with age...

I'll see if I can get a buddy to put one on his '13 M8 and we'll go take some sound clips.

DirtdoctorLJ

Lifetime Membership
Mar 10, 2008
Miller, SD 57362
GGB Mountain Can

GGB Mountain Can is the perfect sound and not as loud as I thought it would be.:clap2::clap2::clap2: GGB got it right:attention: Thanks JSLEDDER for hooking me up!

A
Aug 17, 2014
Anyone is having problem with heavy flooding with the GGB mountain?
I'm having problems with it loading up (flooding) after short idle periods. After a 10 seconds idle, if I decide to go WOT, it will sputter until it clears up or until I let off and punch it again.

I've got in touch with GGB and they sent me a second one which does the same thing.

The sled runs flawlessly with the stock exhaust.

What's up with that? I miss the sound so much when I switch to stock exhaust!

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
That's interesting. I put a clutch kit on and can on at the same time and I was thinking my clutch kit made my sled a little sluggish that ive been playing with. Might have to throw the stock can back on and see what happens.

G
Jan 18, 2012
all I know is I ride with 4 guys that have them on their XM's and they sound SO MEAN... and work FLAWLESSLY.
anyone else having an issue with these cans on their Cats.

DirtdoctorLJ

Lifetime Membership
Mar 10, 2008
Miller, SD 57362
mine responds the same as the stock can and I can tell no difference in the performance but the sound :musicnote: is way better....maybe it is a fuel related issue like low octane or ethanol...:noidea:

I

Icedog

Feb 9, 2006
Grande Cache, AB
Anyone is having problem with heavy flooding with the GGB mountain?
I'm having problems with it loading up (flooding) after short idle periods. After a 10 seconds idle, if I decide to go WOT, it will sputter until it clears up or until I let off and punch it again.

I've got in touch with GGB and they sent me a second one which does the same thing.

The sled runs flawlessly with the stock exhaust.

What's up with that? I miss the sound so much when I switch to stock exhaust!

I switched from my super loud Jaws can(never had any bogging issues) to the GGB Trail can and had the exact same thing happen on my '14 this week? Just threw the stock can back on to confirm my fear that the GGB can is causing the bog. I LOVE the sound of the GGB trail can. I'm going to contact them as I can't go back to a loud can after riding with this GGB can.

A
Aug 17, 2014
I switched from my super loud Jaws can(never had any bogging issues) to the GGB Trail can and had the exact same thing happen on my '14 this week? Just threw the stock can back on to confirm my fear that the GGB can is causing the bog. I LOVE the sound of the GGB trail can. I'm going to contact them as I can't go back to a loud can after riding with this GGB can.

There customer service is awesome. I have 3 of these can at home now trying to get something to work. I'm now trying different sizes inserts to try and tune it better.

You should definitely give the a call or email. Graham (person I'm dealing with at GGB), tells me he never had anyone complain about one of his can on arctic cats. It might make things move faster if more people start telling them when they have problems.

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
www.outdoorsupplyonline.com
There customer service is awesome. I have 3 of these can at home now trying to get something to work. I'm now trying different sizes inserts to try and tune it better.

You should definitely give the a call or email. Graham (person I'm dealing with at GGB), tells me he never had anyone complain about one of his can on arctic cats. It might make things move faster if more people start telling them when they have problems.

Exactly... Graham is all about customer service and stands behind his product 100%, so if there's a problem I would be confident he will do what he can to find a solution. (705) 382-5275.

I

Icedog

Feb 9, 2006
Grande Cache, AB
Thanks guys. I did send an email to GGB yesterday and am confident that they will be able to make these cans work. My dealer told me they had the exact same symptoms with a "Thing Cooker can" this winter and when they sent it back to The Sled Shed they changed some baffling inside the can; now it works perfect. Guess I'll just ride with the stock can for now and hope for the best.

I

Icedog

Feb 9, 2006
Grande Cache, AB
Call Graham you guys that are having any issue. GGB customer service is awesome. He is going to the bench to do more flow testing verse the stock can to figure out what the issue is, and building me a new can that he will have shipped to me Friday. Now that is getting on it and looking after their customers.:face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features