• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Error code 14 turbo apex

1500psi

Lifetime Membership
Feb 11, 2008
The code is for hoses but it won't clear even before it runs so it has to be electrical I think. Just did a headgasket, I've double checked everything just missing something probably anyone seen it?

1500psi

Lifetime Membership
Feb 11, 2008
TTT

Thanks for the reply, everything there looks fine but when the rail sensor is unplugged i get code 13. I still have code 14 which the book says is air sensor hoses but that can't be it. Still looking

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
check all the hoses that go to the throttle bodies forgot to mention that in my first post

Last edited:

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Im got the same code today. Put in a new motor instead of a headgasket. mine only came on once started and would go on and off at idle. would idle high then low then high then low alternating with the code on/off. I didnt have a couple hoses hooked up tho so hoping thats it. Didnt have my boost tube hoooked up for gauge, or BOV. Both are Td off my throttle bodies.

1500psi

Lifetime Membership
Feb 11, 2008
TTT

Yeah I've checked everything I can think of at the moment but still haven't figured it out

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
Just went through this with my apex. Code 14, hard to start, wouldn't idle. Found the throttle bodies weren't fully seated on the cylinders.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Im got the same code today. Put in a new motor instead of a headgasket. mine only came on once started and would go on and off at idle. would idle high then low then high then low alternating with the code on/off. I didnt have a couple hoses hooked up tho so hoping thats it. Didnt have my boost tube hoooked up for gauge, or BOV. Both are Td off my throttle bodies.

yes that would be your prob all it takes is for 1 hose to be off & you lose pressure to the throttle bodies makes it idle ruff + if you were to run the sled as soon as boost hits it will go lean & fall on its face.box wont add fuel if it doesnt sense pressure.

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Yeah i assumed it was cause thes hoses were off. I was mainly just running the engine to make sure i had it all together right and check for leaks before i put it all together.

1500psi

Lifetime Membership
Feb 11, 2008
TTT

the issue is on your throttle bodies somewhere,do you have any hoses that go from your intercooler to your throttle bodies.

Yeah all my hoses are in original spots but code will not clear with engine off. I create codes on purpose and they clear out normally but not this one. Made some calls today but no luck yet.

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Im like you 1500. Yours has to be electrical cause it comes on with just the key on. Mine wouldn't come on until started. You might have a bad sensor. Im sure you can ohms it out.

1500psi

Lifetime Membership
Feb 11, 2008
TTY

the issue is on your throttle bodies somewhere,do you have any hoses that go from your intercooler to your throttle bodies.
yeah but what sensor cuz when u unplug the rail sensor it makes code 13 and the same sensor down by ecu makes code 23.
I still think I left something unplugged but still can't find anything wrong

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
yes thats why those codes are together on the code list 13 would be the sensor unplugged or a short in sensor,14 is a leak in the pressure system. i guess the sensor could give you a false code if its faulty but i think it would give the 13 code too.

08nytromtxa

Dec 17, 2007
tisdale saskatchewan
anyone ever figure this one out mine is doing the same ive pressured up the throttle bodies through the sensor on the fuel rail into my charge system and no leaks. changed the sensor with a different one and still the same thing. any thoughts?

1500psi

Lifetime Membership
Feb 11, 2008
14 Yeap

It's from the rail sensor not having the correct vacuum and you can't clear the code out until it runs and it see's that its correct, then the code will clear out. Yeah I'm an expert on this code now lol

Premium Features