• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

97 MM700 triple clutch help

T
Dec 2, 2018
I just picked up a damaged MM700

They hit a culvert and the trailing arm folded in and poked through to the clutch and beat it up pretty good.

I’m looking for a trailing arm (LHS), a shock, and a primary clutch for this unit.

My first question is what clutches are interchangable onto the triple? Maybe I can save some money finding a cheaper Polaris primary or if there is anything of that sort.

Second question is, does anyone know of a good site or good people I could find a couple cheap parts from (on a tight budget with this unit, in the process of finishing my garage)

Any help would be huge! Thank you very much
Tyson

F
Jul 24, 2011
There is a good chance I have most of what you need, just need to dig through my crap.

As for clutch alternatives, you can run a p-85 on there, but set-ups will be non existent.

No such thing as a cheap place for parts, but the sled wreckers are a good place to start.

Where you located? That opens up alot in the where to go for parts department.

neverenoughsnow

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 1999
Omaha, Ne.
Ty forums

For alot of info and a fair price on parts you cant beat TY Forums. The salvage yards are great, but sometimes the forums are cheaper.

T
Dec 2, 2018
There is a good chance I have most of what you need, just need to dig through my crap.

As for clutch alternatives, you can run a p-85 on there, but set-ups will be non existent.

No such thing as a cheap place for parts, but the sled wreckers are a good place to start.

Where you located? That opens up alot in the where to go for parts department.

I’m from Alberta, Canada. Near the Edmonton area.

F
Jul 24, 2011
I was really hoping you werent in Ca, shipping is ridiculous from here to there unless you have a stateside address.

Clutch wont be bad but the oversize trailing arm box will kill you.

Have you opened up your broken clutch? Need to know if any of the tuning components are salvagable like the arms and rollers as well as how it was tuned.

Your shocks got red springs or black?

Givemeaboost

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, MT
I did the same thing on my old 700 and it ended up bending my pto shaft so I had to get the crank straightened. You might want to put a dial indicator on that end after you pull the clutch off just to be sure.

Ken.........

T
Dec 2, 2018
I was really hoping you werent in Ca, shipping is ridiculous from here to there unless you have a stateside address.

Clutch wont be bad but the oversize trailing arm box will kill you.

Have you opened up your broken clutch? Need to know if any of the tuning components are salvagable like the arms and rollers as well as how it was tuned.

Your shocks got red springs or black?

I already got a 96 clutch off a mountain max coming this month from a decent eBay purchase. I believe my internals are good so if anything happens with this cheaper clutch I should be able to mingle them together :face-icon-small-coo. (With the help of a good buddy)

I hear you with the shipping. I’ve been hunting these parts for weeks now and most shipping pricing are more then the piece itself.

The shocks on this guy are the black. Thanks a bunch for the reply!

T
Dec 2, 2018
I did the same thing on my old 700 and it ended up bending my pto shaft so I had to get the crank straightened. You might want to put a dial indicator on that end after you pull the clutch off just to be sure.

Ken.........

Thanks for the heads up. I had it spinning pretty good already and it looks not too shabby so far but I’ll definitely get a dial on there to save me the future headache.

Premium Features