• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1999 Mountain max 700 jetting

E
Jan 23, 2017
I've searched and just can't find the info I'm looking for at the elevation Ill be riding at. Yeah it's a mountain max but I'll be riding it somewhere from 500-2000 ft. I bought it awhile back in Colorado and since moved to southern Wisconsin. I like it too much to justify selling it. It's jetted for 10000+ ft and I had a horrible time getting it jetted for that and it still wasn't 100%. I've got a trip planned in two week up north and I need to get the jetting close since there isn't any snow around the house to test different sets of jets out. The sled has aftermarket reeds and Psi pipes, I'm not sure on the clutching. Thanks in advance and I would appreciate any help I can get.

Last edited:
E
Jan 23, 2017
I have a jetting chart for your sled. what is the elevation and temp you will be riding at and i will give you the jet sizes

Thank you for that chart I've been looking at couldn't find one. From my understanding psi pipes like smaller jets. The sled is pretty much going to be anywhere from 500-2000 ft and probably around 20 degree Fahrenheit. I read a few guys running 137.5 pto and 135s on the other two between 6000-8000 ft but then others running 147.5 and 145s around the same elevation. Is 147.5 and 145s too big for my elevation(500-2000 ft)? Should I split it down the middle and hope we're close?

Premium Features