• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

"Geo/Elvis" Has this been done or tried before???

M

m7ryder

Sep 26, 2009
Just curious if this has been tried. Its simple to try so i figured what the heck. I didnt like how the geo/elvis mod lowered the static bumper height. This mod actually raises the bumper height about an inch.

What do you guys think of this??? I have not rode it yet but im curious to try it out. it actually moves the mount up and rearward, be interesting to see what effect this has.

As for the shaft collars stopping the arm travel before the shock is dead ended isnt my concern at this point. If this works something can always be made and I dont think its much of an issue. There are aftermarket skids that dont use stops.

When moving the rear skid mount to the lower hole from the upper your static bumper height raises from 28 3/8" to 29 1/2 measured from ground to top of bumper (note 153 track in my case)

This is working in opposit the geo/elvis that when you move your upper mount forward and up you in turn lower your tunnel, ewhat i am doing is moving the lower scissor mount reardward and up to raise the tunnel. There is a noticeable height difference from stock probably in the neighbor hood of 2"s

Just thinking outside the box guys. Feed back??? Critisism???

Attachments

• 09 M8 Skid Mod 003.jpg
    09 M8 Skid Mod 003.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 2,104
Last edited:
E

elvis1280

Apr 23, 2009
STEAMBOAT SPGS, CO
I am interested also. What are you trying to accomplish? Just more height in the rear?
My mod is for better transfer in the powder and more comfort on the bumps. My heigth 4 lower. Its nothing really, but I outclimb a stock setup all day. Is your shock getting flatter?

M

m7ryder

Sep 26, 2009
I am interested also. What are you trying to accomplish? Just more height in the rear?
My mod is for better transfer in the powder and more comfort on the bumps. My heigth 4 lower. Its nothing really, but I outclimb a stock setup all day. Is your shock getting flatter?

First thing if first, your mod works very good and you put a lot of usefull info on here in your posts, Thanks for that
Yes what im tring to do is get a little more height out of it, without sacraficing what it is you have accomplished. There is without a doubt a difference in the 09 tunnel vs its predecessors, and i believe it would be beneficial to have the added height. ie) vanambergs boomdock tunnel wow now thats height lol.

What are your predictions?? You have lots of knowledge in this department. Maybe you would like to try this and we could collaborate?

Last edited:
B
Nov 27, 2007
Rovaniemi, Finland
You need to put limiter strap or something which prevents rear arm "opening too much". If it does that and those rear arm parts line up (lower link part and upper arm) it will hit your a$$ real hard. I think this will occure if you press front end in and let rear be fully opened. There must be some initial angle in rear arm otherwise it will not work at all and it hits your... darling :)

Also this will increase ski pressure, but you can drop front arm to lower hole and it MAY be fine after that.

E

elvis1280

Apr 23, 2009
STEAMBOAT SPGS, CO
Bearcat;2537003 Also this will increase ski pressure said:
That is exactly right. The ski pressure will need to be balanced out by droping to the lower hole in front. I aggree m7 we would love more clearance but ski pressure or the lack of is what I like. Its the same reason nobody uses the lower hole on the rear mounts. It raises the tunnel yes, but it makes too much ski pressure. I don't want my sled to steer well on the trail.
But if you tell me more about your cause, I would be happy to try it out on my sled.
I like the guys who are trying new things in the shop at night, that's me

Chris

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Tried something like that in `09. Limiter strap from an F7 rear arm, I think, was a perfect fit. Used lower hole on the front too.

Zero steering, but felt really nice in the powder, `till you needed to turn. Changed it back on the hill.

Some of the 1000 and turbo guys with only going up as a concern, use the upper hole in the front and lower hole in the rear.

Last edited:
Premium Features