• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'06 M6 FI 153 - Upgrades needed!

GarageTime

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 26, 2007
Draper, UT
Hey,
I have a 2006 M6 that is my wife's sled. It hardly has any miles on it but I rode it for a bit the other day and it really has no low end...in the powder when you need it to respond to throttle quickly, it just doesn't...you can get the track to spin with a thumb-ful of throttle but there is too much lag. I am wishing I bought her an M7 or M8.

What can I do to this - within reason - to get it to be more responsive?

Also, remember, this is the wife's sled, so I don't want to turn it into something that I have to tweak and tune constantly.

Or is it, sell it, and buy more sled?

Thanks for your ideas and recommendations!

Ed

GarageTime

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 26, 2007
Draper, UT
Thanks for the reply. I have read that on other M sleds it is the can that causes the bog...interesting.

Any other suggestions out there for things that will work with the stock ECU?
Mill the head, Dobeck tuner, pipe/can, intake, clutching, etc??

I am just not sure where to start with this thing...

Also, anyone know a shop I might call in Utah that would know about this topic?

Thanks!

1MEX

Apr 19, 2008
915 to the 801
www.wr-products.com
Mill head, stiffer spring on primary clutch and frog skins on the nose piece and on the air box. Depending on elevation, lighter weights. Check the primary rollers, that will mess with engagement.

S
Dec 8, 2007
Saskatchewan
a mag (cant remember which one) dyno tested the 2010 600 trail sleds and cats had 129 hp, and cat hasn't switched the 600 motor in years, so is there a ecu update???? another 10 or so easy hp if this is true. doesnt seem to be much info on this.....i would keep my 600 another year forsure if i could get this done

on my m6 i put cutler adjustable weights, and love them, i run at lower elevation and i didnt like the stiffer orange white primary spring, and i put a steeper helix and shift assist which helped a bit by making it feel a little more snappy and faster. i also got my spider drilled out to elimate the primary spring from binding. i kept my stock can as ive heard lots of stories of losing power with some aftermarket, at over 5000 miles my stock can has gotten noticably louder than new(which i like). everyone associates the 600's as a beginners sled but if your a good rider a 600 can go a long way..... i know i've surprised a few ppl.:face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:
B
Jan 16, 2008
Make sure that your belt deflection is set correctly, not sure what the m6 came with for a secondary spring but u could try cats orange spring in it if it doesn't already have it. Speedwerx pipe is also a nice addition to the 600's.

Premium Features