• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

130 miles and Tra is already getting noisy?

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
Have you pulled the clutch off and apart? Check to make sure the arrow on the governor cup lines up with the dot on sliding sheave and (v) on the backside of stationary sheave. Check rollers,(sloppy)buttons (wear marks on sides) and o rings (torn or pinched) . Sliding sheave bushing. Look close at the bushing and the edge of the sheave. (Lip) There is a clip inside holding the bushing.
WB will chime in I'm sure.

eddy

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
Sammamish WA
TRA 7

600 miles is about all you get in the mountains, especially when the crank is not balanced and the run out is over .004"

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
You might take it apart to verify it's assembled correctly and nothing loose. I have found ramps and arm bolts loose on new sleds....torque to 160in/lbs.
I notice they have loosened up tolerances on arm pivots to avoid the "sticky arms" of the past. They make a little noise but don't seem to wear much more over 1000 miles. I have had clutches apart and measuring several parts to look for wear patterns and problems. IMO they (2011 and newer) are much better than previous years. Easily good for 1500 mountain miles (maybe more) before a maint kit is necessary.
They do make a little noise, just more moving parts than other clutches.

Premium Features