• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

service bulletin for torque of the nut???

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
I am bringing my sled into the dealer tomorrow and he says he hasn't seen any bulletins for torquing up the nut on the jack-shaft in the chaincase....anyone have any bulletin #'s or anything I can use to educate my dealer?

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
Yeah he has that one but can't get the kit till mid feb. I leave on feb 18. But I thought there was one that just called for retorquing of the nut to 47#'s. am I wrong?

Last edited:

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana
Yeah he has that one but can't get the kit till mid feb. I leave on feb 18. But I thought there was one that just called for retorquing of the nut to 47#'s. am I wrong?

Are you going to Cooke? I can't remember.
If so call Bob and have him do the recall work when you get there.

C

CO_MapMaker

Dec 3, 2007
Colorado
:mad:
Don't need the kit just tell him to look in his parts room for the shims they are not new

Then why is it taking so long for Cat to get these kits to the dealers!! IMO, they should have sent kits out when they issued the letter. This is a huge issue (hoping this fixes it) and they have dropped the ball big time.

Super 8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2012

Then why is it taking so long for Cat to get these kits to the dealers!! IMO, they should have sent kits out when they issued the letter. This is a huge issue (hoping this fixes it) and they have dropped the ball big time.

The kit consist of a 12 oz. bottle of oil and old AC part numbers. They are the 1" washers that were installed behind the secondary's of all the older cat's.

S
Sep 25, 2011
My dealer did mine a week ago with bench stock, and the socket is an old tool from the T660 which my dealer had. In and out in the same afternoon.

Premium Features