• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What should a guy buy his wife for Xmas?

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
Dont answer all at once and spout out diamonds. I am a realist kinda hubby but just hate to buy anything with a 800% markup. OK maybe cheap;) j/k.

What would make a nice gift for a lady without spending more than 2- 3hundred bux as a limit? BTW, she doesnt sled, I couldnt of got all the marbles but close.:D

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
So if she doesn't sled, what does she like to do? Is she high maintenance or low?

I can honestly answer this since she doesnt read the forum as her opinion would differ greatly.

She is "medium" she thinks shes low (her words "no maintenance")but likes to go out to dinner at least 1 a week, likes nice cars, cooking is becoming a hobby as well and clothes <---im lost there no idea for xmas on clothes so dont go there. She is a mortgage closer and has a very stressful job plus she manages 3.5 kids on top of that...I would be the 1/2 kid:)

1M800

Nov 24, 2006
MN
My wife loves to read so I bought her an Amazon Kindle. She has been wanting one but I told her it was too expensive...I ordered one the next day! $259 on Amazon. Good Luck!

E

EagleRiverDee

Dec 15, 2009
Eagle River, Alaska
Hm. What are her hobbies? You mentioned she likes cooking but sometimes buying stuff for the kitchen can be insulting, even if it's good stuff.

Does she have any hobbies that require gear? That would be one way to start. If she's a reader, the Amazon Kindle is something she might covet. If she likes computers or games, maybe some upgrade items for her PC. If she likes to take pictures, a newer better camera.

The presents that have gotten the most use from me over the years was a video camera, a camera, my PC, and various gear for my ATV and snowmobile. If you stick with her hobbies, I don't think you can go wrong.

P

Puddy Tat

Oct 4, 2008
Northern, Utah
Does she have a nice KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer no women should be with out one if she is in to cooking anyway I have two of them. I love em...they come in all kinds of colors to match her kitchen.

that and maybe some CULINARY cooking class's?

I know I love to do stuff like that!

empireredka2.jpg

Jan 21, 2008
Does she have a nice KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer no women should be with out one if she is in to cooking anyway I have two of them. I love em...they come in all kinds of colors to match her kitchen.

empireredka2.jpg

I would love one of them

D
Mar 24, 2008
Oregon
Remote starter for her car? That was, and still is, one of the best gifts I've ever received. :)

I agree! I got one for Christmas last year for my Duramax and I love it. It is set up to turn the heated seats on low if the temp is below 35 so when I get in the chill is at least off the leather. That for Christmas and chrome wheels for my jeep for a birthday gift!

D
Mar 24, 2008
Oregon

empireredka2.jpg

Mine is basic boring white but it's awesome! My husband wonders why I don't use it more often...........Too busy riding and jeeping!

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
I agree! I got one for Christmas last year for my Duramax and I love it. It is set up to turn the heated seats on low if the temp is below 35 so when I get in the chill is at least off the leather. That for Christmas and chrome wheels for my jeep for a birthday gift!

wow...they can do that with the seats??? My wife is always raving about never being able to go back to a car without them. I will be calling the place that sells them tommorow to see bout this. Thanks! the mixer thing may in-advertantly get me in the dog house.

F

foxyrmk

Nov 26, 2007
Milton-Freewater, Oregon
myspace
Yes, heated seats are wonderful in the winter. That was my christmas gift last year. :D

Year before that I got a Kitchen-Aid, and haven't stopped using it, even got another one this summer (family member pasted away). :D

Weekend retreat somewhere just the two of you of her choice. ;)

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
Sorry, I know you said no diamonds, but an intimate gift from the local jeweler may be right up her alley.

The stones do not have to be diamonds - birthstones will work. Check the hometown guys. They are struggling right now too. Her birthstone in a simple necklace charm, earrings, or a family ring all can be done on your budget. Something sparkly that has thought put into it always warms a girls heart.

Granted - this all hinges on her being a jewelry type of gal.

Just saying.

Last edited:
D
Mar 24, 2008
Oregon
Sorry, I know you said no diamonds, but an intimate gift from the local jeweler may be right up her alley.

The stones do not have to be diamonds - birthstones will work. Check the hometown guys. They are struggling right now too. Her birthstone in a simple necklace charm, earrings, or a family ring all can be done on your budget. Something sparkly that has thought put into it always warms a girls heart.

Granted - this all hinges on her being a jewelry type of gal.

Just saying.

I already know that my "big" gift this year is a replacement diamond earring for the one I lost on the golf course this summer. He took the one in to the jewelers to have a matching one made and they also are revamping the backs so they something more substantial then a hinged closing. I wore them for years without taking them off and when I got back into the truck after golf and I was adjusting my cap and checking out my hair, one was gone. He and my Dad spent the next day with a metal detector looking for it but never found it. I'm pretty excited to have them back!

girlpowder

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2009
Utah, land of the FLUFF!!!
Is there a day spa nearby where you could buy her a gift certificate for a massage or facial

Great to put in a stocking with all her favorite smelling lotions. Oh and the weekend get away idea with just the two of you sounds wonderful. :)

Remote starter for her car? That was, and still is, one of the best gifts I've ever received. :)

Very cool idea. How much are they?

My present this year is no surprise. He tried but wasn't able to give me a good reason for being a couple hours late one evening. My sweetheart is buying me a hand gun. Bersa Thunder 380 auto. Our date nights will be spent at the gun range for a while. :D

Last edited:
W

Wish

Apr 30, 2002
Tri Cities, WA
www.staceysdesign.com
If she is into cooking, the mixer is an awesome gift! I got mine last year....and LOVE it!:D

I also think electronic things are something you don't normally go out and buy for yourself....then again I'm kind of a gadget geek. Anything like a camera, gps, camcorder...???

1M800

Nov 24, 2006
MN
I did the remote starter for my wife last year. She loves it!

Premium Features