• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Let see some Handle bar and riser set-ups

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Hello ,Whats everyone running for Handle bars and risers on There S Chassis thread, Let see some pic and descrition of what you have.

Let see pics of what you have.

Here is what I have, I have changed to black handguards since the outside pics were taken. 05 Rev Non X Model bars, inexpensive rise but I would like to change to something different and would like to see what everyone is running

wildcard28

020.jpg 010.jpg

E
Dec 8, 2008
Chelan area
Took this one yesterday.

1010091752.jpg

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
Iam going to be running a Renthal race bar!!
I dont know why but if you look at the pic you will see the my steering post is higher then any other 97 670 summit that i have seen!! Why do you think this is??
4015457975_75529b0a8a.jpg

I just ran out and measured it!! Mine is 7.5 inches and the old stock summit is only 4.5 inches!!
Mine doesn't look like its welded or any thing!!

ANy way!!

TG:D:D

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Iam going to be running a Renthal race bar!!
I dont know why but if you look at the pic you will see the my steering post is higher then any other 97 670 summit that i have seen!! Why do you think this is??
4015457975_75529b0a8a.jpg

I just ran out and measured it!! Mine is 7.5 inches and the old stock summit is only 4.5 inches!!
Mine doesn't look like its welded or any thing!!

ANy way!!

TG:D:D

does the steering post still feel pretty strong, cause you could probably have a aftermarket one or there used to be a gut by name of Wildchild that used to make chromoly steering posts that were longer if you wanted them that way.

Nice lookin sled, How did you get it lifted up like that???

I did this to mine, added 2nd upper steering post mount along with piece of 3/4inch coldroll steel drove down the center and welded in, and made a spacer on the mount to moving the steering post formard around an inch also make a big difference.

03 Rev Handlebars, Fanny pouch from Walmart, inexpensive handlebar bag, Powermadd guards, Now have Goldfinger

013-2.jpg
[/IMG]

017-2.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
does the steering post still feel pretty strong, cause you could probably have a aftermarket one or there used to be a gut by name of Wildchild that used to make chromoly steering posts that were longer if you wanted them that way.

Nice lookin sled, How did you get it lifted up like that???

I did this to mine, added 2nd upper steering post mount along with piece of 3/4inch coldroll steel drove down the center and welded in, and made a spacer on the mount to moving the steering post formard around an inch also make a big difference.

013-2.jpg
[/IMG]

Oh it is really strong!!
I built longer shocks in the front and dropped the skid down in the back!! 3 inches in total!!

Works really well! cuts a really nice trench!:rolleyes:

IC! I found it was just a little to high!! I had a handle bar with another 2.5 inch of lift too!!
so now with this new bar i will be 1.5 lower!:D

TG

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Did you also run a longer shock on the rear arm too? Do you remember the center to center on the shocks you have on your sled? I bet that would make a good thread topic on how you lifted the rear and front of your sled, There others out there that I would think would be interested in how you accomplished that. Including me. I swapped to a 06 151 Xmodel skid this year but would also like to get the sled up higher. As long as it wasn`t to tippy

Nice job, wildcard28

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
Ill make a thread about that this morning!!
Me and dad spent a few hours playing around with this whole set up!!
I got a 2000 summit skid in it right now!! 159" with updated every thing including 9 inch alum rear wheels!
Do you have lots of track adjustment? Because we tryed do do the same on my dads rx1 but the track was to short!!! you have to move the skid back and down!
Are your skid rails extended??
TG

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Ill make a thread about that this morning!!
Me and dad spent a few hours playing around with this whole set up!!
I got a 2000 summit skid in it right now!! 159" with updated every thing including 9 inch alum rear wheels!
Do you have lots of track adjustment? Because we tryed do do the same on my dads rx1 but the track was to short!!! you have to move the skid back and down!
Are your skid rails extended??
TG

I don`t think we should get to far off the original topic of this thread, could discuss more in your new thread, I run a 153 Cat Challenger track, I had to move the skid back 1inch to get the 153 on a 151 set-up then I bought a 06 151 Rev Summit X rear skid and had to relocate the front arm mount since the 06 has a 32inch ctc. and to make the track lay on the ground correctly the front arm had to be moved back forward and down. so mine is not near the original spot, but my adjuster on the rear axle is actually in the center. And no my rails are not extended. since my front arm had to be moved down it messed up my attack angle so I am tradin a gut on here my 151 rail for his 144`s so I can move the skid back to improve my attack angle.

047-3.jpg
[/IMG]

The details on my rear suspension are in my signature.

wildcard28

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
I don`t think we should get to far off the original topic of this thread, could discuss more in your new thread, I run a 153 Cat Challenger track, I had to move the skid back 1inch to get the 153 on a 151 set-up then I bought a 06 151 Rev Summit X rear skid and had to relocate the front arm mount since the 06 has a 32inch ctc. and to make the track lay on the ground correctly the front arm had to be moved back forward and down. so mine is not near the original spot, but my adjuster on the rear axle is actually in the center. And no my rails are not extended. since my front arm had to be moved down it messed up my attack angle so I am tradin a gut on here my 151 rail for his 144`s so I can move the skid back to improve my attack angle.

047-3.jpg
[/IMG]

The details on my rear suspension are in my signature.

wildcard28

lol!! our tunnels look the same!! Hundreds of rivets an a lot of holes!!:D:D

Justin

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
lol!! our tunnels look the same!! Hundreds of rivets an a lot of holes!!:D:D

Justin

114.jpg

Ya lots of holes and rivets I have moved the original skid back along with the rear bracket and new holes up front, then swapped to newer skid had to move the rear bracket agian and new hole in front I measure wrong then had to drill another, even though there is a reinforcement plate up front . And bad part is I have to do it again cause I am trading a guy my 151 rails for his 144 rails and I will slide the skid back one more time to better my approach angle. along with the running board inserts I made and all the rivets that hold them in. swiss cheese, LOL

Look No Snow.

E
Dec 8, 2008
Chelan area

114.jpg

Ya lots of holes and rivets I have moved the original skid back along with the rear bracket and new holes up front, then swapped to newer skid had to move the rear bracket agian and new hole in front I measure wrong then had to drill another, even though there is a reinforcement plate up front . And bad part is I have to do it again cause I am trading a guy my 151 rails for his 144 rails and I will slide the skid back one more time to better my approach angle. along with the running board inserts I made and all the rivets that hold them in. swiss cheese, LOL

Look No Snow.

On the edge of your running boards, where its rolled, what is it made of? aluminum?

Premium Features