• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A few thoughts on the new sled

C

craigvansickle

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 17, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
I had a chance to take the new 08 600 rmk 155 out and put some miles on it. Here are my first impressions. Last sled I rode was a 99 700 rmk 136

Things is I like about the sled:

I like how tight the steering feels. There is very little slop.

CFI starts very easy and seems to run well. Very responsive.

If I didn't look back I would not have guessed it had such a long track

Love the new electronic reverse

LOVE the seating position. The tanks is very narrow at the knees. Feels much more like a motorcycle. I feel much more in tune with the sled.

It takes so much less energy to ride!

If you want it to lay over it does, if you want it to stay straight it does that as well. Soaks up the bumps on the trail without launching you. Much more predictable.

Cool backlit gauge. It is nice having all those functions.

Good looking machine. None of those nasty Arctic Cat style BS graphics.

Dislikes:

Side panel fit and design!

Exhaust spring access midway down pipe. Horrible.

Plastic bumper and flimsy grill (fixed that problem)

Floppy windshield ears (about to fix that problem)

A few areas body plastic to chassis letting powder by. Plastic could use a few more rivets to reduce tenting in between fasteners. A little less silicone where not needed and a little more in key locations would have been nice.

It would have been hard to design a heavier stock can. Maybe if they just used cast iron. The new skinz super q is much lighter, sounds great and looks good.

Conclusions:

Great sled. Very happy so far.
600 has plenty of power for me.
Glad I went with the 155.
Can't wait to take it to some deep pow.

trailer.jpg

C

craigvansickle

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 17, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
I have had a chance to ride the sled a couple days this weekend up at Turnagain Pass in AK. Here are a few more impressions.
-came from the dealer with belt clearance and deflection all messed up. had to pull apart clutch and remove a spacer. thanks ron for the clutch info.
-impressed with the 155 track. i like the stability of it. the amount of track you have sticking out of the tunnel makes it a pleasure to ride in the deep snow.
-love how you can pull the skis of the snow. it is much easier to take on terrain with just your track in the snow. would love to loose about 20 pounds of the front end - next year
-runs well, starts well
-electronic reverse is the best thing since sliced bread.
-better boards!

Craig

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I have had a chance to ride the sled a couple days this weekend up at Turnagain Pass in AK. Here are a few more impressions.
-came from the dealer with belt clearance and deflection all messed up. had to pull apart clutch and remove a spacer. thanks ron for the clutch info.
-impressed with the 155 track. i like the stability of it. the amount of track you have sticking out of the tunnel makes it a pleasure to ride in the deep snow.
-love how you can pull the skis of the snow. it is much easier to take on terrain with just your track in the snow. would love to loose about 20 pounds of the front end - next year
-runs well, starts well
-electronic reverse is the best thing since sliced bread.
-better boards!

Craig

lol..it is a rocking little sled huh craig? love to jump on my sons sled and go rip around on it..

C

craigvansickle

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 17, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
ya - great sled. when I get real good with the 600 I will jump up to a bigger sled. when polaris comes out with a new mountain chassis and hopefully a direct injection two stroke.

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
I think the lowest mpg I got last year was about 9 going through 4ft of powder, high was about 15 going through some of the worst slush and water in the spring. Average is about 12mpg on a day's ride. Haven't checked it with the SLP pipe/can yet, seems to be running alot crisper with them in there over stock. Have fun and ride safe.

L
Nov 30, 2007
This was my favorite sled so far! :) But...... I have not had a chance to ride the new Dragon yet! Loved the 6 though!:D

Premium Features