• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone have these locks on ramp door?

C
Apr 17, 2013
alberta
I normally use the round puck locks

was thinking of putting these on instead. Are they any good though? Do they freeze up with snow or ice??

Attachments

• lock.jpg
    lock.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 450

Wgold

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2011
Tioga, ND
I have them on my trailer. I do like them and havn't had any trouble. They have a tab inside the key hole that keeps crap out, when you push the key in it pushes the tab in.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I normally use the round puck locks

was thinking of putting these on instead. Are they any good though? Do they freeze up with snow or ice??

Those are on the trailer I just picked up.
Mine also have a rubber cover over the keyhole.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Had those on my toy hauler. Really liked them. They keep the honest people honest. I think they wouldn't be that difficult to cut with a hacksaw, but if they want in, they will find a way in, one way or another.

No experience with ice but I can say the locks on my pickup topper have the little flappers and there have been a few times the locks have frozen. Nothing that a little heat didn't clear, like a butane grill lighter.

Brown Dog ADV

Premium Member
Jan 7, 2015
Bend, OR
Those are on the trailer I just picked up.
Mine also have a rubber cover over the keyhole.
I have similar locks on my Charmac trailer and I've had good luck with them. As mentioned, mine have the rubber cap covers which plug into the round hole under the key slot and cover the exposed end of the lock cylinder.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Have them on my Featherlight trailer stock. After 6 years of hard use I have to replace them.

jotool

Lifetime Membership
Jan 25, 2015
I had a similar style on my original Legend trailer. I had issues with the key hole freezing up on the front ramp door and not being able to open them well. When they worked well, I liked them a lot. When they didn't work, it was a different story.

I replaced mine and went back to using a padlock.

Premium Features