• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Taking wheels off of a trails west trailer

B

Beavis

Dec 16, 2007
Utah
I also have a 2013 TW. I just pulled the tires off last week to lube bearings and inspect the brakes. They came off/on without any problems. I even jacked mine from the axle.

Maybe it’s the way your torsion axles are sitting where you’re at on the driveway. Have you tried hopping over to the opposite side and changing those tires? Same issue? Does it have wider/taller tires than originally came on it?

It’s hard to imagine that your tires haven’t been on/off multiple times since 2009 and a design issue hasn’t been noticed before now. But if they admit to an issue I’d definitely have them address it.

I like the TW design because it gives you lower ramp angles, no fenders on the inside, and a taller ceiling height without being as high in the air as other deck over trailers. But it’s definitely not as easy to change tires.

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
As stated mine is a 2009. For the first few years they said they had a problem and they lifted the frames a couple inches since then. That's why you don't have a problem getting yours off

Mitch P.

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Snohomish, Wa
My Mirage has the same issue. If I put blocks under both tires of the axle I am not pulling the tire on, the other axle droops enough make getting the tire out and in easier. Blocks have to be both sides though. Poorly thought out design.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
If what you guys are saying is true, there should be some engineers fired.
That is not acceptable. Sounds like recall territory to me.

there are a lot of reasons for engineers/QC to be fired from TW.

Lets add this to the list!

Premium Features