• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

17 850 clutching and recalls

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
Looking at a used 17 850. Heard they had belt issues. Were the clutch updates part of a recall? This sled sat all last season so I am sure nothing has been done.

Thanks in advance.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I was pretty bummed to hear today that there is now a THIRD 850 belt update. And super bummed that the 19 sleds don't come with them. On another note, I played with an Alpha Cat today on the floor, they may be onto something.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
I was pretty bummed to hear today that there is now a THIRD 850 belt update. And super bummed that the 19 sleds don't come with them. On another note, I played with an Alpha Cat today on the floor, they may be onto something.

no need to update, it is a bit more resistant but very hard to tell the difference, it won't be in circulation till the end of december and the 531 will be plenty dialled, of course it is easy to take a negative approach on this, you are one of the guys who always hopes ski-doo is working harder at improving things, this is part of that program. Take it how you want.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
yes doo is working hard for the last 3 years to fix something that should have never been with proper real world testing. its so bad that goodwin has a bellypan brace for when your belt blows.. The Alpha cat is looking real good

Premium Features